Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backdated JSA question

• 14-07-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I applied for JSA just after finishing college at the start of June.
    I just received my letter saying im eligible for JSA, and it said i can collect money at the post office next week.

I just have 2 questions.

I didn't receive any swipe card or anything for collecting, should i just go down to the office and ask for one ?

and

It didn't mention anything about being backdated, should it have ? I assumed i would be getting 6 weeks worth backdated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to you - they can give you a temporary card while you're waiting for the swipe card (did they actually request one for you? Mine didn't and then my temporary card expired, all before I'd even gotten a payment!). I've heard from elsewhere that if you have sufficient ID then the post office are ok without this card, but I'd go get it anyway if you have time.

As for backdating, it'll be done EVENTUALLY. My JSA was finally authorised after an age and I assumed it was all going to be backdated immediately but no such luck. I've gotten 4 payments now and no sign of it so you might be waiting a while unless you're a fan of ringing up a lot! Mine has been complicated by my having to get SWA so if you didn't get this it might be more straightforward

Advertisement