Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vinyl to cd question

Options
  • 14-07-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi
    I have been recording some of my old vinyls to use on my cdjs but im finding that the pitch on the cdjs is needing constant adjustment that is not needed when mixing the vinyls on turntables.
    Is there any way to sort this out?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

just off the top of my head.. if you ripped the vinyl on technics 1210's and had the pitch set at zero, most likely the calibration of the pitch slider is off a fraction. i.e the rpms is not dead on 33/45.

try ripping again except - or + .5% and compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

If i burn to 8 tracks to a cd...............5 will work and 3 won't

they come up on the cdj but they won't play and no info loads on them either

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Generally around +/-0 the pitch isn't very accurate, so could fluctuate a bit, so yeah, try it at +/-0.5 and see if that helps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Failing that, import the wavs in to Ableton, set warp markers, export then as a Wav bobs your uncle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Thats what my first thought was, i presume you are using them as .wav's on the CD's & not 320 mp3's?

You could be losing something in the compression of the files if you are converting to mp3, if not, then this conversation is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Forgot about this post, could be the pitch or would it be because im recording to a cd recorder from the mixer?

Advertisement