Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Benefit Worry

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey,

Any advice, I have a friend who is on Disability Benefit as she suffers from Manic Depression she had her meeting with the review board about her Disability Payments (has these once or twice a year) and is worried that she was so anxious she couldn’t answer them correctly or explain her situation or how much she suffers with her illness. Her GP and Physiatrist have both signed off that they feel she is in need of her benefit and not able to work. She is worried she is going to lose her benefit she has young kids and is not sleeping or eating, and on quiet alot of medication.

Can anyone tell me if the review board (State Doctor) can go against her GP and Physiatrist to stop her benefit?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Well I suppose the short answer is '' Yes '' the 'State' Doctor makes his/her own decisions based on all the evidence and to this end reports from a claimants own Doctors would be considered.
    Even if a claim is denied there is always an appeal process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

been honest yes they can ive 3 crushed disc in my lower back due to a car crash and i had reports from my own doc,3insurance docs id seen and mri results and they still cut me off i applied against the decision and the doc i saw there couldnt beleive that the state doctur had signed me back to work i work in retail my job is very psyical id just say if she is cut off she can over rule it might take 6weeks but she can apply to her welfare officer for emergency benefit
    best of luck

Advertisement