Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitarist looking to set up a new band !!

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

ok .. so iv been in and out of bands over the past few years .. and im looking to set up a new band .. a band were everybody is 100% committed .. now im not talking about jamming every 2nd day .. im just talking about twice maybe 3 times a week but im looking for members who are focused and want to be there , if yeah get me ha

im 19 iv been playing guitar between 5-7 years ..
    i also play a little bit of drums and bass but my main instrument is guitar
    im heading into college next year and im studying music performance at bimm / d.i.t , im majoring in guitar

i have a wide range of musical tastes .. from pretty heavy stuff to jazz

i write my own music but would love to have other member in the band to work with , im not a one man kinda band i love working on the music with the whole band ..

my main influence at the moment would be foo fighters , wolfmother , joe bonamassa ,john mayer , and many more ...

so if anyone is interested , giz a shout

ohh im based in naas/ dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

hi! i'm interested, also play guitar! I'm 21 and based in maynooth, been trying to get something together for ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

pm'd
    evil yoda

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭band_wanted

if your still in meen of a guitar player get back to me, im 19 been playon 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Interested? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056325115
    It would involve a lot of participation on your part i.e. you'll be playing the bass instead of just being the band's bass player if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Simontology

I'm a pretty good vocalist in my 20s if you're interested and am looking for a serious band with an eclectic music taste to get signed. My influences are Disturbed, Metallica, Dream Theatre, Ihsahn, AFI, Muse, SikTh and more.

I'll be auditioning for Shreddingblood's band as soon as he gets a bassist but I'm keeping my options open just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 orlaghmcel

hey im actually looking for a guitarist at the moment ,im a 23 year old female singer and im a bit up **** creak at the mo, i have a gig on saturday and my guitarist just canceld today,if your interested that would be fantastic,im living just past newbridge too so not that far! my emails orlaghmcelhannan@gmail.com ,let me know what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

orlaghmcel wrote: »
    hey im actually looking for a guitarist at the moment ,im a 23 year old female singer and im a bit up **** creak at the mo, i have a gig on saturday and my guitarist just canceld today,if your interested that would be fantastic,im living just past newbridge too so not that far! my emails orlaghmcelhannan@gmail.com ,let me know what you think!
    How much does the gig pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pier Vitale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SlushyMonster

Hey I'm a female vocalist dying to get stuck into a really dedicated band! 19, Dublin. Varied influences from Queen to Say Anything to Senses Fail to Imelda May, but I'm an emo kid at heart :P. PM if you're interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Still looking for people? 20 year old from south dublin playing guitar 7 years and very interested :) pm me if your still looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

slushymonster : pm'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Constant

Hey, I play guitar, piano and tin whistle. I'm 23 and have been playing since I was 4. I'd be well interested in this! My influences on guitar would be led zeppelin, metallica, the doors, pink floyd, the stray cats, and only recently started learning blues guitar! piano influences would be all classical music but can learn other stuff or come up with own stuff ;)

Advertisement