Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X8 eating battery

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭

So I rooted my phone last week using xRecovery, Root Explorer and CyanogenMod. I installed 2.3.4 and and the build number is GRJ22.

The first day, the battery drained quickly but then I fixed up the brightness and all of that and then the battery lasted for about 3 days. Needless to say, I was delighted! But now I'm charging it twice a day and I haven't made any changes.:(

The phone was 5hrs on battery and was down to 44%.

Cell Standby: 35%
    Display: 20%
    Phone Idle: 19%
    Launcher Pro: 13%

Do any of these seem abnormally high to anyone?
    I have the brightness of the display down fairly dark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

mars bar wrote: »
    So I rooted my phone last week using xRecovery, Root Explorer and CyanogenMod. I installed 2.3.4 and and the build number is GRJ22.

The first day, the battery drained quickly but then I fixed up the brightness and all of that and then the battery lasted for about 3 days. Needless to say, I was delighted! But now I'm charging it twice a day and I haven't made any changes.:(

The phone was 5hrs on battery and was down to 44%.

Cell Standby: 35%
    Display: 20%
    Phone Idle: 19%
    Launcher Pro: 13%

Do any of these seem abnormally high to anyone?
    I have the brightness of the display down fairly dark.

Hi ive an x 10 mini pro an ive found the battery yo be useless to, it lasts the day if its idle, but as soon as I turn on say music id drops and wifi is even worse.

to make mine faster ive dimmed the backlight totally, got rid of all un necessary apps as im sure some use background data, I have set again only necessary apps to load when its being turned on, anything else becomes active when I use it, I try keep background data off, and wifi/internet off unless im using it, I dont have any keypad tones, no screen animation, no live wallpapers.. I have the screen to time out after 30 seconds...

Basically I have almost everything I bought the phone for off.. Unless Im using it then its off again..

it does last a bit longer now, and I still love the keypad and phone in general, its not like carrying a baseball batton but the battery life is pathetic for most androids..

So basically if possible carry a charger with ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I get a few days out of my x8, usually!!!

I have data off, as it uses credit unnecessarily. So only switch it on if i need to when out and about to check internet or emails.

Wifi same, off unless I want to check something at home

Bluetooth and GPS always off.

And the brightness is always off unless I'm outside as the screen is difficult to read.

Use the power control widget for switching these all on or off at ease.

I don't use it for music or video much but when I do, I find it eats the battery. My battery went from 95% to 61% after watching a 20 minute video this morning and a half hour of tunes. and wifi was on for email and facebook and news, our posh coach home has free wifi :)

I find it charges in about an hour or so from 5% back to 99% though.

Edit: How do you find that ROM otherwise? Is there much benefit to it over 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have done all of those things! :)

It's just so strange that I got three days out of the battery at first and thought to myself "this is feckin' brilliant!" but now I have to charge it twice a day.

calex: I much prefer this rom despite the fact it makes your camera non functional. It frees up so much space on the internal memory and launcher pro is running much smoother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

Download an auto app killer from the store/market.

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

Download an auto app killer from the store/market.

Is there a difference between app killing and force stopping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

mars bar wrote: »
    Is there a difference between app killing and force stopping?

I don't think there is.(someone with more experience may like to give a better explanation)

As far as I know, an app killer forces the selected apps to stop.

Go to the app store and read the explanation of what the various app killers do, and how they do it(auto preset and manual)

old_aussie wrote: »
    I don't think there is.(someone with more experience may like to give a better explanation)

As far as I know, an app killer forces the selected apps to stop.

Go to the app store and read the explanation of what the various app killers do, and how they do it(auto preset and manual)

I used to have a task killer but I didn't really need it so got rid of it. I suppose I'll download one again and see what the phone is running...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

had same problem phone very good at holding charege at start but got very bad later on found i had down loaded some apps ( compass ) ( straight edge) deleted these and battery went back to original

stanley 2 wrote: »
    had same problem phone very good at holding charege at start but got very bad later on found i had down loaded some apps ( compass ) ( straight edge) deleted these and battery went back to original

Hmm. I have neither of those.

Apps I have downloaded are:

ES File Explorer
    Facebook
    So SMS Pro
    Google+
    Jorte
    Manchester United FC
    Outbreak! Zombie Apocolypse
    Solitaire
    Tweetdeck
    Zedge

And a few themes.

Everything else came with the ROM...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Sometimes my X8 shows that it is still charging,even after I unplug the charger. In this case the battery discharges quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement