Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team

Options
  • 14-07-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Anyone else pick this up yesterday on XBLA? I can't believe it was only 800 points with the amount of fun I'm getting out of it. I love the 40k lore and setting so of course I had to pick it up. Managed to get to 5th in the world on the first survival mode map and been trying to beat my best time all afternoon, managed to get 4 more seconds on it! Another 3 and I would have moved to 4th place. :P

For those of you who don't know about it, it functions like a top-down shooter except with different camera angles and an emphasis on melee combat too. There's 5 campaign missions in all where you're sent aboard an Ork Crooza to try and halt its progress on its way to an Imperial Forgeworld (Probably the one featured in the upcoming Space Marine). 4 different Space Marines to choose from, including a Librarian, Sternguard Veteran (Devastator), Vanguard Veteran (Assault Marine) and Techmarine. If you complete a campaign mission you get an unlockable power sword for Space Marine too, which is nice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Demo is in my download queue, looking forward to giving it a go when I get home.

I'm also quietly hopefull about Space Marine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Saw this on the Dashboard, got it right away and now I can't wait to finish work.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Dl'd it last night and played the first two missions. Really enjoying it so far and definitely worth the 800 points for a bit of co-op fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

looks pretty good I have to say. I'd not be familiar with the Warhammer stuff but that vid has me interested. Is there a co-op mode to it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've stuck the demo in my queue, looks fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd have liked a 4-way coop, especially as there are 4 different classes, but the 2-way is nice and solid. The art and music are pretty much nicked bodily from Dawn of War 2, but the game is so different to those I wouldn't kick up a fuss. I do love the way that when one player collects a powerup, the other player can get the benefits too, as long as he's close enough. Decent game, good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Played through the first 3 missions with my friend, a good laugh. Camera can be a bitch at times, as are Shootas hitting you as you try to get into melee range. Sternguards special ability is SOOOOO much fun :D

Advertisement