Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help SSX interview need questions before 2pm

Options
  • 14-07-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭

Right ive an interview with a SSX producer at 2 and need to fish out some relevant questions.

So far ive general ones to ask about the real locations and if they will have free exploration of mountain ranges for people to go off track.

One about the story mode and just what fans of the series can expect from this new direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What online modes will be available? Will there be a beta for it?

Any plans to incorporate peripherals like Kinect or Move? What about 3D?

What new characters will be available? Will there be console-exclusive characters, like Kratos in the recent Mortal Kombat game?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phazer

Why get rid of the suffix 'Deadly Descent'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

What about character customisation, either asthetic or in terms of moves?

Is there an unlock system in place for such extras (money, achievements, winning races, etc)?

What kind of race/ stunt events will there be (race, big air, stunt run, slalom through gates)? Is it a more traditional race route or adopts the Burnout Paradise style free roam race where you make your own route to the finish line?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Were you surprised by the initial negative reaction to the early promo trailers and did it force a rethink in the game's direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ssx -remember it sounds like sex :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Q:
    "How do you think SSX can stay topical and fresh, now that the 90s have faded and EXTREME sports aren't cool anymore?"
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

cheers for the questions interview was at 2 so it long over now

covered

What new fans can expect
    What old fans of the series can expect to be the same and what differences
    real world location and how SSX approached them
    Exploring
    Online( he can't talk about it till Gamescom but said it will be huge)
    His comic and a little on characters but he is releasing that next week so not much on that either
    Kinect move/3d support? No
    Beta ? No but demo prob.

Just typing up the whole thing about a 9 min interview so its few pages will post it when im done.

Edit Part 1 is up now http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/bone-idle-interview-with-sean-smillie-producer-on-ssx/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cheers for the questions interview was at 2 so it long over now

covered

What new fans can expect
    What old fans of the series can expect to be the same and what differences
    real world location and how SSX approached them
    Exploring
    Online( he can't talk about it till Gamescom but said it will be huge)
    His comic and a little on characters but he is releasing that next week so not much on that either
    Kinect move/3d support? No
    Beta ? No but demo prob.

Well I am truly delighted and surprised it's not Kinect enabled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

calex71 wrote: »

I'm disappointed for kinect owners. Surely snowboarding would be an ideal candidate for kinect since you control a snowboard by shifting your body, and not something which is unnaturally "tacked on" like so many other kinect enabled games.

Its covered in the 2nd half of the interview (tomorrow) but he basically said they started SSX before kinect or Move had come out so didnt bother with it as they had enough on their plates.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ask if hes tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'm disappointed for kinect owners. Surely snowboarding would be an ideal candidate for kinect since you control a snowboard by shifting your body, and not something which is unnaturally "tacked on" like so many other kinect enabled games.

Have you seen some of the grabs the pull off in SSX games....would hate to try do those in my living room....

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Have you seen some of the grabs the pull off in SSX games....would hate to try do those in my living room....

Jump off the arm of the couch pull a back flip 180.....land on your head. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jump off the arm of the couch pull a back flip 180.....land on your head. :o

And have the spinal injuries unit on speed dial and the phone taped to your face so you can dial with your tongue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And have the spinal injuries unit on speed dial and the phone taped to your face so you can dial with your tongue :D

Can't see the need, doesn't Kinect automatically upload your pics and vids of you jumping around like a muppet? I'm sure someone will ring the medics when they see you land squarely on your neck and not move...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm sure someone will ring the medics when they see a picture of you on 4chan squarely on your neck and not answering your phone...
    FYP :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this game is likely to be the one that will get me to blow the dust off my xbox and plug it in again, I want it now!

Advertisement