Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 14-07-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hey folks, I need your help! I have read countless forums, but I am just getting more and more confused! I am currently on Bill Pay with Meteor and have a HTC Desire, which I loved. However, over the last few months, it has been through the wars and I need to get a new phone (even though my contract doesn't end for another few months! Grrrr!). I love Android, and I am gonna stick with it, even though the iPhone4 is on Meteor etc.

My issue is trying to decide between the HTC Desire HD and the Samsing Galaxy S2. With the standard HTC Desire that I had, the main problem I faced was battery life. That is why this time when deciding between what phone to get, I'm gonna use battery life as my No.1 deal maker/breaker.

I know that the Samsung has a much greater internal storage, but I don't use that many apps, just MSN and FourSquare and apps such as JuiceDefender, Advanced Task Killer, Battery Booster etc.

I didn't use Camera on HTC Desire that much, but I may use camera a bit more if I have a better one, but I am not really a snap-happy person.

Anyways, I'd like to know which you would suggest. Also, any advice on what kind of prices I would have to pay for the phone considering I'm buying it mid-contract. I am currently on Meteor's Bill Smart E50 p/m 18 month plan, only about 10 months in.

Cheers folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

It's a no-brainer, Galaxy 2 by a long shot. See many threads on this forum explaining why in more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

HTC Desire HD vs the Samsing Galaxy S2, the S2 would be the better choice, however if the HTC sensation was available to you then that would be a harder choice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

srsly78 wrote: »
    It's a no-brainer, Galaxy 2 by a long shot. See many threads on this forum explaining why in more detail.

This ^^. The Desire HD shouldn't even be in the running. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

+1 for HTC Sensation

BTW Advanced Task Killer will drain your battery rather than save it. Shutting down apps in Android has a negative rather than positive effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Just had my hd stolen today..:mad:

Does the s2 have a2dp Bluetooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep.Thats been native to android since 1.5 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Bluefoam wrote: »
    +1 for HTC Sensation

BTW Advanced Task Killer will drain your battery rather than save it. Shutting down apps in Android has a negative rather than positive effect.

Yeah I have learnt that since I started reading up on all these forums about battery life, whoops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

just got a galaxy s2 for my gf-great phone, vodafone have it on free at the moment on a 60euro price plan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

sensation +1

Just got my new phone today..had decided on the sensation as the last samsung i had was terrible...anyway had a last minute change of heart and went with the galaxy 2..

Why? Well the weig
    ht impressed me..coming from a desire hd it was refreshing..also the amoled screen impressed..decided to try something ne..been messing with it for a.while now and i dont regret it..pleasantly surprised :)

• Advertisement

Just got my new phone today..had decided on the sensation as the last samsung i had was terrible...anyway had a last minute change of heart and went with the galaxy 2..

Why? Well the weight impressed me..coming from a desire hd it was refreshing..also the amoled screen impressed..decided to try something new..been messing with it for a.while now and i dont regret it..pleasantly surprised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

cojomo2 wrote: »

Why? Well the weight impressed me..coming from a desire hd it was refreshing..also the amoled screen impressed..decided to try something new..been messing with it for a.while now and i dont regret it..pleasantly surprised :)

I dint think you will regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

the galaxy beats them all right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

One thing to bear in mind is that both the HTC Sensation and he Galaxy S2 are much bigger than the Desire. This is one thing that is putting me off upgrading, personally I think both are too big. So defo try both of them out in store to see if you are comfortable holding them.

EDIT - D'oh didn't notice that most of this thread is months old :)

Advertisement