Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what best to record? hauppauge or dvd recorder?

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    been looking into the two recently.
    Seems the Hauppauge needs to be connected to a pc in order to record... and no HDD. So if your pc slows or is crap in any ways its bad.

While the DVD recorder can have a HDD or usb drive hooked up.

Which do you reckon is better? (if price of both is taken out of the question)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    been looking into the two recently.
    Seems the Hauppauge needs to be connected to a pc in order to record... and no HDD. So if your pc slows or is crap in any ways its bad.

While the DVD recorder can have a HDD or usb drive hooked up.

Which do you reckon is better? (if price of both is taken out of the question)

No contest. Hauppage records in HD. DVD does not.

If price is not an issue.

Although it has to be hooked up to a PC, the Hauppage device itself does all the processing legwork so you don't need a beast actually.

Plus most software for the hauppage will convert to mp4 or whatever you want to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Thanks man.
    Know anywhere I can get a Hauppage in a shop in Dublin? ... any place I went into doesnt sell them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Thanks man.
    Know anywhere I can get a Hauppage in a shop in Dublin? ... any place I went into doesnt sell them.

You won't buy a Hauppage in a shop, buying direct from their website is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twotonewolftone

also just for info you wont be able to play and record to dvd recorder there is an aweful lot of lag,i tried both methods,hauppauge is the only way to go

Advertisement