Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric guitar lessons for solo acoustic player

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey all

doing the one man band thing for years.Guitar / Vocals etc.

As I'm sure any of you that have done it before will understand that you can become sort of complacent and a bit lazy but also a bit set in your ways.

I had a promising audition with a wedding band recently but they really want me to play electric guitar with a small/tiny bit of lead.
    Now I'm a good acoustic player and a good singer but havent played electric guitar in years.
    Basically they just want a few short lead intros as there will be keys and bass also.
    Whats the best way of going about learning this/
    I'm certainly not too proud to get lessons.

Oh.. I have an epiphone les paul I'm not too fond of so was thinking of investing in something else

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MC707

Well if you are looking for something to help you learn things easier I would recommend the Guitar Pro software. Lets you play along to the tab, change the key of a song, and you can slow the tab down til you get the hang of the solo etc

Also youtube can be great for guitar lessons.

Other than that its just practice!

As for a guitar recommendation its really a matter of taste and budget! Ibanez do some nice guitars at a reasonable enough price.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Thanks MC707

some useful tips there :)

Advertisement