Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick accommodation.

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys, i'm most likely going to U.L.

I noticed that the majority of first year students stay in the Plassey Village. I am curious what are the facilities in the bedrooms like (i.e. internet access, shelving, wardrobe space and desks). I recently attended a course in U.L. for which I stayed in Cappavilla. I must say I was very pleased with the facilities.:D

Another related question, do any of the villages ban the Playstayion Network or Xbox Live as some universities in the U.K. do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hi guys, i'm most likely going to U.L.

I noticed that the majority of first year students stay in the Plassey Village. I am curious what are the facilities in the bedrooms like (i.e. internet access, shelving, wardrobe space and desks). I recently attended a course in U.L. for which I stayed in Cappavilla. I must say I was very pleased with the facilities.:D

Another related question, do any of the villages ban the Playstayion Network or Xbox Live as some universities in the U.K. do?

Thanks.

Quite similar to cappavilla. There's an ethernet socket in all bedrooms, so you've internet there. No wifi in the villages (there is in the university buildings of course). Quite a large desk and reasonable wardrobe in the rooms.

The villages are all part of the UL network- I'm not sure if they throttle the ports for gaming or not

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Try the UL forum on boards - they'll have more information for you I'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Oh dear, sorry, I didn't realise there was a U.L. forum.

Thannks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

yup plassey has everything cappa has minus the double bed, and en suite but the whole place has been done up recently and it looks nice. Most firsts years go there and have a great time, I'd recommend going there for your first year.

this link has a few pics of the place http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=117&n=143

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 charleywhite

Hi all,
    I'm new to Boards.ie so maybe I''m posting in the wrong place but I was just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to rent a room in Limerick where I can also bring my dog. I'm a mature student in UL and live over an hour outside the city at the moment and am hoping to move into somewhere cheap and cheerful in Limerick but can't leave my dog behind. She is fully house-trained. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maelaw

Plassey is the best for first years in my opinion. You get to meet more people here and its generally a really friendly place. Be prepared for the noise however, parties will go on practically every night and by the end of the year you will be happy to get out. I stayed here for my first year, I did get really annoyed with it at the end but I'm stil happy I stayed there.
    Its a lot more basic than cappavilla, cappa would be top end, plassey bottom end, but it is still quite nice and adequate for everything you wil need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hi all,
    I'm new to Boards.ie so maybe I''m posting in the wrong place but I was just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to rent a room in Limerick where I can also bring my dog. I'm a mature student in UL and live over an hour outside the city at the moment and am hoping to move into somewhere cheap and cheerful in Limerick but can't leave my dog behind. She is fully house-trained. Thanks in advance.

You're best trying landlords if you're insistant on bringing your dog. None of the campus accomodations will allow you. You should check the accomodation page on the ulsu website, it gives a list of landlords or there's a thread in the UL forum looking for a housemate get on to them for their landlords number and see if he allows pets. Tbh you'll be hard pushed finding a londlord that does allow ya I'd say. Sorry :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 4onthefloor

OK guys looking for a third person to move into an apartment in town?! Lovely spot, double rooms spacious enough for only 48pw. Anyone interested!? Guy or Girl, doesnt matter as long as your tidy!! haha

Advertisement