Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

before updateing firefox is tgere any way of knowing what extensions are going to work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

What extensions?

Any in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

some of them will and some not, but the developers will make it work and compatible with the new version then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

What extensions?

Any in particular?

i have a load of extensions.

I upgraded from firefox 3 to firefox 5 and a lot of them won't work.

Some of them like customisegoogle havent been updated in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

You could check is there similar addons available that are still maintained or even try requesting to have the addon updated to work with firefox 5. It probably won't work, but worth a try.

Or live without them since they only slow down firefox :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just upgraded today to FF5.0 and having stability probs when operating out of KIS2011 sandbox. Also, the quick close [x] icon in the upper right hand corner is missing.

Any other bugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I have been using it for weeks now and haven't had any issues. I don't use KIS2011 or anything like that. Maybe it's one of the addons you have causing the issue?

If you do have a problem I would report it to Mozilla so they can fix it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Check the extensions profile page on the Firefox Addons site (like with Adblock Plus for example) and it will tell you what versions its compatible with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Check the extensions profile page on the Firefox Addons site (like with Adblock Plus for example) and it will tell you what versions its compatible with.

Yes i should have checked it out first but i have a load of extensions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

A lot of add-ons that may work can't be enabled because they don't meet the version number, not because they don't work. Get the Add-on Compatibility Reporter and you can enable add-ons that aren't compatible to at least see if they work.

Advertisement