Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Poleberry

Options
  • 13-07-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Why oh why does Tesco Poleberry suck soo much? The staff couldnt care less about the customers, never again will i dane to bother them....Ironically they have a massive customer service sign as you enter the store but i doubt any of the staff know what it means!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I always found them nice and friendly, and FAR better than Tesco Ardkeen's night staff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh I hate it in there. Never have the stuff I need, not as much selection as ardkeen.

Ballybeg is the worst customer service I've ever come across,in my whole life anywhere, I got screamed at one day when I rang to ask a question, screamed at and abused(not even exadurating). It was nuts! From a "lady" on the desk.

Loves Tesco ardkeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

That tesco is years old and wasnt built as a standalone tesco, the fact that its in the city centre means space is at a premium. If you go anywhere around the world its the same, supermarkets outside centre = huge, supermarkets in centre = not as huge. Simple stuff really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Harpur79

website wont work, you have to have been able to buy something in the store to get a store number from the reciept, tesco, every little helps lol

• Advertisement

ok found an old reciept and the store number off that doesnt work...typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Harpur79 wrote: »
    Why oh why does Tesco Poleberry suck soo much? The staff couldnt care less about the customers, never again will i dane to bother them....Ironically they have a massive customer service sign as you enter the store but i doubt any of the staff know what it means!

What made your visit to Tesco Poleberry so unpleasant? You're coming on here just bitching about a supermarket and not explaining why.

You don't even have to talk to staff there with the self service checkout.

I wanted cigs from the customer service cheakout, ironically customer service desk was closed....bitchy enough for you?

I wanted cigs from the customer service cheakout, ironically customer service desk was closed....bitchy enough for you?
    "Sorry there sir/madam, is there anyone around for the customer service checkout? I'm looking to buy some fags."

Problem solved.

"Sorry there sir/madam, is there anyone around for the customer service checkout? I'm looking to buy some fags."

Problem solved.

One might think that would be the answer....

"Sorry there Ladies, I would like to get some cigarettes from the customer Services Counter"

Lady "No"

• Advertisement

"Sorry there Ladies, I would like to get some cigarettes from the customer Services Counter"

Lady "No"
    So you were told no?

You didnt ask why, or ask someone else? Sounds like bull to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I find the layout of the Poleberry store just puts me in a bad mood when ever I go in there, things just seem illogical at times. But when I ask for assistance or have to deal with the checkout staff I find them to be courteous and pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Lady "No"

Are you 18?

Anyway those fags are bad for you. They were actually doing you a favour.

You should have thanked them.

So you were told no?

You didnt ask why, or ask someone else? Sounds like bull to me.

Yep I was, "the counter was closed..."

dayshah wrote: »
    Are you 18?

Anyway those fags are bad for you. They were actually doing you a favour.

You should have thanked them.

Yes, im a good few years past 18. Really are fags bad for you, well now ive never heard that before. A favor, well i must go back there today and thank them for not selling me something that damages my health like their prepared meals, alcohol, chemically sprayed fruit and veg, bread, products with saturated fats, high salt content foods, high sugar foods, water in plastic bottles etc etc etc......

I wasnt asking for a till person to be sarcrificed or for an canister of Agent Orange....it was a pack of fags, but what i got was incompetence to a job.

Yes, im a good few years past 18. Really are fags bad for you, well now ive never heard that before. A favor, well i must go back there today and thank them for not selling me something that damages my health like their prepared meals, alcohol, chemically sprayed fruit and veg, bread, products with saturated fats, high salt content foods, high sugar foods, water in plastic bottles etc etc etc......

I wasnt asking for a till person to be sarcrificed or for an canister of Agent Orange....it was a pack of fags, but what i got was incompetence to a job.

Hey look at the bright side, its a sunny day and you're up €8.65.

Why not go for a walk and splash out on a 99? You'll be so relaxed that you don't need a cigarette.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Enjoy!!!

dayshah wrote: »
    Hey look at the bright side, its a sunny day and you're up €8.65.

Why not go for a walk and splash out on a 99? You'll be so relaxed that you don't need a cigarette.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Enjoy!!!

LOL Im not Up 8.55 cos i then had to go to another store costing more money for petrol, caused extra carbon emissions ! I should report Tesco Poleberry to those wing nuts that drew up the Kyoto agreement thing a me jig!! See Tesco Poleberry is ruining the environment....

Seeing as you're so annoyed over this, I want you to go in to Tesco Poleberry, walk right up to the customer service desk and complain that you couldn't get your fags there during the week, and it made you so annoyed that you posted it up online and nobody took you seriously. Demand compensation for the petrol in driving somewhere else to get them, and an apology for not being there to sell you your cigarettes.

Post results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Was it after a certain time? The customer Service desk in Ardkeen closes at 9 or 10 I think, so you cant buy anything from the desk but the rest of the store is open.

Maybe poleberry is the same. I thought it was 8 that the customer services desk closed in poleberry. This was before it was all re-vamped there last year. I dunno if it changed.

Seeing as you're so annoyed over this, I want you to go in to Tesco Poleberry, walk right up to the customer service desk and complain that you couldn't get your fags there during the week, and it made you so annoyed that you posted it up online and nobody took you seriously. Demand compensation for the petrol in driving somewhere else to get them, and an apology for not being there to sell you your cigarettes.

Post results.

I'm not annoyed, I'm furious! lol, I'm about to go all Michael Douglas (circa 1993) on tescos ass :)

As I pronounced, i will never go into a Tesco again! I think some people have been agreeable with my view point that Tescos Poleberry sucks, maybe not you but then again your only you and not representative of the whole (You also might work for Tesco!). Your attitude, frankly, is why Ireland has such a bad services industry where some providers would rather grunt at customers rather than smile, be helpful, courtious and appreciative of coustomers' hard earned cash being spent in their business.

• Advertisement

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Was it after a certain time? The customer Service desk in Ardkeen closes at 9 or 10 I think, so you cant buy anything from the desk but the rest of the store is open.

Maybe poleberry is the same. I thought it was 8 that the customer services desk closed in poleberry. This was before it was all re-vamped there last year. I dunno if it changed.

God Knows, but why you would close your customer services desk when your store is open is just another example of how Tescos couldnt care less about their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I have serveral times and they take no notice so I won't go to that dump of a store anymore.

But I find other Tesco stores OK so how come Tesco can screw up the Poleberry shop so bad I don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I'm not annoyed, I'm furious! lol, I'm about to go all Michael Douglas (circa 1993) on tescos ass :)

As I pronounced, i will never go into a Tesco again! I think some people have been agreeable with my view point that Tescos Poleberry sucks, maybe not you but then again your only you and not representative of the whole (You also might work for Tesco!). Your attitude, frankly, is why Ireland has such a bad services industry where some providers would rather grunt at customers rather than smile, be helpful, courtious and appreciative of coustomers' hard earned cash being spent in their business.
    God Knows, but why you would close your customer services desk when your store is open is just another example of how Tescos couldnt care less about their customers.

See what happens when a smoker runs out of fags :P

No one is going to take you seriously when your just on here complaining. Go something about it. You didnt get there in time before the desk closed. Big deal go somewhere else.

Your attitude, frankly, is why Ireland has such a bad services industry where some providers would rather grunt at customers rather than smile, be helpful, courtious and appreciative of coustomers' hard earned cash being spent in their business.
    Wha? Where does my attitude come into your annoyance at Tesco?

Working in that job I'd be appreciative of a day going by where someone doesn't complain to me. You'd be hard done by to find someone who says "Wow! Thank god for all those customers spending their hard earned money in the shop I work in! Gee wiz!"

wobbles wrote: »
    See what happens when a smoker runs out of fags :P

No one is going to take you seriously when your just on here complaining. Go something about it. You didnt get there in time before the desk closed. Big deal go somewhere else.

Actually i hadnt run out of fags at that stage! It was the morning supply i was after! God only knows what i would have done if I had ran out..... :)

Again I would have to ask you to read the other posts, if you surmise that no one has taken me seriously then I suggest you increase your comprehension of the english language by reading something like an Ann and Barry book :) I have tried to make a complaint through the online comments page but notably, even that is flawed.....

Simply, my point is this, if your store is open, then the products that you sell should be accessible to your customers, its not exactly asking them to have unattainable standards now is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I have say this thread is refreshing, new to Waterford and considering the small amount of competition the shop workers do not go out of thier way to make you feel welcome.
    I find you get what you pay for, I know Superquinn is a bit more, but the lads are friendly. Service is too important in this day, the old school do not realize this....

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    I have say this thread is refreshing, new to Waterford and considering the small amount of competition the shop workers do not go out of thier way to make you feel welcome.
    I find you get what you pay for, I know Superquinn is a bit more, but the lads are friendly. Service is too important in this day, the old school do not realize this....

Too true Up2NoGood!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

The only issue I have with Tesco Poleberry is that they consistently and without fail ask my 29 year old best friend who is 9 months older than me for ID when buying smokes. Every. Single. Time.

And they never ask me.

*sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

michellie wrote: »
    Oh I hate it in there. Never have the stuff I need, not as much selection as ardkeen.

Ballybeg is the worst customer service I've ever come across,in my whole life anywhere, I got screamed at one day when I rang to ask a question, screamed at and abused(not even exadurating). It was nuts! From a "lady" on the desk.

Loves Tesco ardkeen!

What?! did you complain? I would be contacting head office about that.Thats disgracefull:rolleyes:.I used to always go to tesco in poleberry years ago, but stopped cause they never seem to have all I want.And the bloody check-out counters are way too short, especially with a full trolley of groceries.I now go to ardkeen.I cant comment on the CS of either cause I dont have any need to go to them........so far............at the moment:P

• Advertisement

I wonder what their main customer base is.

I'd expect they get a lot of customers who don't drive there, who live in nearby houses and apartments. So they mightn't be catering to families as much, which would influence what stock they carry. Tesco Ardkeen in contrast is a Tesco that people from across the city are likely to travel to due to its size, parking, and accessibility. It would therefore attract more families who do their weekly shop there.

Advertisement