Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dog food question...

Options
  • 13-07-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys i have my collie on Maxi Zoo's Real Nature food for the past few months. He's doing really well on it and loves it. I need to get him more food in the next few weeks and as I'm not working at the moment, I'm looking into slightly cheaper alternatives for him. He was on Select Gold before the Real Nature and I was pleased with it.

I'm considering Royal Canin Medium, Select Gold and possibly Red Mills Leader Supreme (got a sample of them and he goes mad for them as treats!). Which of these would be the best option for him? Anyone have any tips to help me make my selection??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Hey Real Nature is what my guys are on now (mostly because of the whole no chemicals/preservatives thing) but I had tried them on a few others as well. I found they did really well on Select Gold but Royal Canin on the other hand made one of my dogs tear clumps of his own hair out. The royal canin works out as expensive as the Real Nature as far as I can remember. I haven't tried Leader, but as far as i know its a pretty good food; the only problem i have with it is the amount that you have to feed in comparison with some of the others. With a medium size dog it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference though. Hope that helps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 1holly1

Thanks shanao i've heard some funny reactions to royal canin alright. Will have a think about it.

Advertisement