Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballivor GP

Options
  • 13-07-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone here have any more information on the above which is on this Saturday evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Does "GP" naturally imply that it's a handicapped race? Chase and be chased....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

According to Tommy Campbell:

"First off this weekend is the Ballivor Grand Prix which gets under way at 7.30 on Saturday evening in the town with McLaughlin's Pub the nerve centre for entries."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

chakattack wrote: »
    Does "GP" naturally imply that it's a handicapped race? Chase and be chased....

No

• Registered Users Posts: 43 moch

Does anyone know what route this takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

this was wet ,who won ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clashextra

Couldn't have picked a worse night to make my open race debut; it lashed rain from start to finish and made me wonder about my sanity.
    56 riders started with A3 and 4 going off together and A1/2 a minute later. Very flat roads so the speed was high from the start but increased hugely when the A1s and 2s came through while we were still on the first lap.
    I was able to stay with the pace and looked around to see my brother Joe looking comfortable(ie. chewing the bar tape like myself!)
    Some of the cornering was hairy to say the least with some lads braking too late, causing me, on one occasion, to go wide and I nearly got wiped out by an oncoming car in the process.
    It was difficult to know who or how many were up the road at this stage but my aim was to just stay with the main group and not get dropped. This was achieved and on the final run in, not knowing how many A4s had finished before me, I was even able to sprint for the line getting 5th.It was to prove futile as there was more than three A4s in first but it made me feel good! Joe was hemmed in behind but finished strongly.
    Horrible weather but absolutely exhilarating all the same!
    Distance-55km
    Ave. Speed-40.7kph
    Normally I'm around the 36kph mark in the Swords league so tonight was a big step up.

Advertisement