Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringed Pigeon guest?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

I’ve juste noticed that I have a house guest on the balcony in the form of a pigeon – not the normal type, who are regular guests, but one that’s ringed and does look a little leaner.

He/she has taken to resting by sitting down (for the last 1.5 hours) and the ring is no longer visible. The bird seem quite happy and is looking over onto a small green area with lots of other wildlife (inc pigeons)

I’ve left some water out near enough to the bird – any other suggestions. I think it’s just still recovering for the Leinster Final (!) – that’s all, as it seems to be ok otherwise.

Any other suggestions/tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's quite common for racing pigeons to arrive - I had two over the years. They tend to hang around to build up their strength & then leave. Some bird seed wouldn't go amiss.

Advertisement