Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take audio from Youtube

Options
  • 13-07-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Heya Lads,

Just a question i need to ask, not sure if this is completely allowed to discuss on Boards , if its not Mods please remove and apologies.

I need to take audio off a few youtube videos for personal use (no worry of copywriting). I know there is a program to download the video to save on your desktop but is there a similar program that just takes the audio and allows me to put it on itunes?

If anyone knows the procedure to do this can you let me know please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Dvdvideosoft

EDIT: I suppose I'll be nice and give you a link http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

There is a few ways.

One way is take the video you have and get some audio ripping software that will take just the audio from a video file.

Or I would recommend using a nice little piece of software called JDownloader. It can be used to download either the video from youtube or you can get just the audio if you want. It's also helpful for downloading lot's of other files from different sites too.

I haven't personally ripped the audio from youtube videos before and don't know if there is any legal implications from doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

http://www.video2mp3.net/

Just copy and paste the url of the vid there , convert and download and your done .

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Looks like there's more programs than I thought, I used jdownloader and worked perfectly!
    Cheers guys appreciate ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Check out youtubedownloader available here

You download the video as a video and then convert it to mp3 which is a long way around it but I've found it handy as it allows you to choose the sound quality and volume i.e. if the videos sound isn't great and loud you can make it quieter and of better quality.

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement