Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp

Options
  • 13-07-2011 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, got winamp on my new android and I am trying to sync it wirelessly with it on my PC, but I cant get it to appear in discovered devices.

I turned on the wireless sync option on the phone, but nothing :( Any ideas how I could get it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you truned the wireless sync, but is your phone and PC connected to the same wireless network.

try disable any firewall just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Tried that, no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

I've gotten it working before, though it did take a lot of fiddling.

1. Are both devices on the same wifi network?
    2. Does your Android phone have the latest version of the winamp app?
    3. In the app, in the settings menu is wireless sync enabled?
    4. Does your computer have the latest version of winamp?
    5. Check your winamp options. you may need to configure the Android device options under 'Plugins'.
    6. Once all of the above is in place, click 'Discover' on your computer's Winamp
    I found the whole process pretty gitchy, and when it did work it's incredibly slow. WiFi media transferring is just not practical, it seems to be 10x slower than using a direct USB connection.

Nice in theory, it's a gimmicky but a waste of time IMO (I've tried the wifi sync and transfer with DoubleTwist as well and found it to be similarly useless).

Advertisement