Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen - 20 Artist Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think I probably ran into you on the saturday(The sun burned youngin). Nice shots, wish mine were as good:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

:eek:

Someone knows what they're doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I... Hate... You.... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Wow :eek: I wish I went :(
    Great photos all round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Defo the best shots I've seen from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Quite a lot of photo's from The Saturday's gig ;)

Great photo's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Cracking shots, so good i'd have a think about protecting the originals from download (they're wide open on flickr). That way, if anyone wants to use one, that they'd need to contact you. Just sayin'

Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Nice work! What kind of lens(es) did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Cracking shots, so good i'd have a think about protecting the originals from download (they're wide open on flickr). That way, if anyone wants to use one, that they'd need to contact you. Just sayin'

Great job.

Was think the same myself, the watermark on them is easly cropped out, I would have a more substantial watermark displayed across the them.

Apart from that, there are some cracking photos in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Thanks guys :) I have changed my flickr settings to limit the sizes available for viewing, this limits it to 1024 x768
    I'll look at other options in the mean time.

All shots were take on a 70-200 2.8 L IS or a Sigma 15mm 2.8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Great work there. I'd imagine it is a bit hectic trying to cover Oxegen.

Yes, as well as the constant dilema of which gig to skip when shooting another etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Only had time to look through your Coldplay stuff there, FANTASTIC!

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

Great selection and it looked like some great gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

I really hope you are earning some income off these because you deserve to. An absolutely crackin' good set of images, first class IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I'm hugely impressed.

Thanks guys!

Its a long road to getting to a place of earning income from it. I am getting there, I've done a couple of magazine covers (by far the biggest was billbaord in brasil with a pic of bono) and a couple of times I have managed to sell images to bands. I shot for free for MCD this year at Oxegen in the hope that I could convince them that they need to pay to get this kind of coverage. I *think* its worked as they really loved the shots and seem happy to talk about other options in the future.
    I have an off kilter style in that I dont stick to either horizontal or vertical a lot of the time, and I often get critisised for it, but at the end of the day you have to be true to yourself otherwise its us pointless.

Glad you guys like them , anyone whom has any questions about getting more work in this area, feel free to PM me.

Cheers

P

P.S. Fan me on http://www.facebook.com/MusicShots if you want to follow my work

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Superb collection! My favourite album is The National - as their admirer I think that your collection compliments their songs...great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

What... No Amanda Brunker....:p

• Advertisement

hahah, the funny thing is, I did shoot her, but honestly, I was not arsed uploading them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

gizzymo wrote: »
    ]I shot for free for MCD this year at Oxegen in the hope that I could convince them that they need to pay to get this kind of coverage. I *think* its worked as they really loved the shots and seem happy to talk about other options in the future.

MCD have a long history of using peoples photos for free, as soon as you go looking for money, they'll simply pass the baton onto another photographer who'll think the same as you who'll give them free quality product which they use to promote their business.

sad and though it may sound cynical, is too true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

gizzymo wrote: »
    hahah, the funny thing is, I did shoot her...
    nicely phrased ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Amazing shots, really well done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Great work. Did you have a song/time limit as per normal gigs?

Thanks all :)

Yes, the standard 3 song limit for all the gigs..

Advertisement