Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best iPod FM Transmitter for a car?

Options
  • 13-07-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I have been spoilt in the past when it came to using my 80GB iPod Classic in my cars. I always had a nice little aux lead which plugged into the port on my CD player.

The car I now have has the standard radio in and I've no intention of changing it. It doesn't have an AUX port unfortunately and I'm sick to death of stuffing my CD's into the car.

I bought a cheap FM Transmitter off of ebay a few years back which is pretty ****. Could someone please recommend a good FM Transmitter for use in the car; preferably something small and neat like the ones that clip onto the end of the iPod. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They're all shít ;) After digital they're all sound the same, none are really better soundwise.
    Pick up a cheap aldi/lidl stereo with bluetooth streaming for €30 and you'll be grand.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

As Sc@recrow said get a bluetooth system.

The one I was recommended on Boards was absolute shite. No matter what frequency I set it to it would be all fuzzy and when I'd drive to another area it'd pick up on RnG and other random stations, never used it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I picked up one of these and its excellent

http://www.gomadic.com/hp-ipaq-rw6800-series-car-auto-charger-fm-transmitter.html

Its so strong if you set it to an existing radio station, you'll hear your music from neighbouring cars in the traffic jam :)

(Got mine from Amazon.fr)

Drove all the way from The Netherlands to Ireland, and to Germany and never had to change the frequency.

Also has a charging lead that you can get attachments for various devices, so it will charge different devices also.

Rest of them are crap, I think I know the 'cheap one on eBay' feckin rubbish.

I used it with my Sony MP3 Player and Archos Internet Tabet, sometimes my Phone if I fancy listening to Today FM while in Germany, it isn't affected by GSM Phone Signal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have this Griffin iTrip I picked up in tesco last year for €20, no complaints whatsoever. You can save in 3 presets, but I only ever use one -never really get any interferance apart from one particular spot around Drogheda for some reason..Great sound out of it.

4275.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

What car and stereo do you have?

If your stereo has the option of a cd changer (not installed) then that connection can generally be used to hook the iPod in via an adaptor. With the right setup of playlists on the iPod you can control the iPod via the stereo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I-Drive

I have this. Swear by it. Little bit if work to fit it. But totally worth it.

Advertisement