Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond Living

Options
  • 13-07-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the post today to say they've closed down and gone into liquidation.

The liquidator is selling off all the stock this Thursday at their longmile road branch.

No idea if there will be anything useful but thought id pass it on.

Details on the site:

http://www.diamondliving.ie/Closed.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Thanks - will pop over tomorrw and see if there is any real bargins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

maybe now one of their "sales" will actually be a real sale. i was looking at a bed there before and the sale price was the same price it had been the week before before the sale, just a big sale sign and bogus pre sale price.
    No wonder they are gone bust. good riddence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

If anyone goes out there today, can you report back? I was thinking of going out after work today but I won't make the trip if it's not worth my while. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

I dropped in for 10 mins as I was driving by. A lot of stuff was already marked sold and the place was hopping so I didn't stay long.

Pricing on furniture all seemed to represent a 50-70% discount off a "was" price. Heard a few sales reps talking to potential customers about the RRP for tables and chairs :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be rushing in if the location isn't handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

donnacha wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rushing in if the location isn't handy.

Thanks for that, you've just saved me a trip! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Called in around 12ish and the place was mad! - allot of tables, chairs and lockers, already marked sold.

I woudnt call it a liquidation sale at all, in fact when diamond living had a big sale at the start of the year some stuff was cheaper.

I had my eye on a nice red swivel chair and waited for about 10 mins to see if they had a match too it, but couldnt get to speak to a sales assitant as the few that was there where too busy dealing with other enquires.

I over heard a sales person say that once they clear this stock more will be brought in. Might pop back next week when things have calmed down a bit, but wouldnt go out of way to call.

Advertisement