Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ardrew, athy

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone live in this area and have working broadband? i have tried Eircom and have no coverage on wireless, before that we had digiweb but it wasnt wireless just used a cable with it and plugged laptop in and worked fine, i now have an ipad and cant use the internet as it must be wireless, have currently got a vodafone wireless pay as you go modem on a weeks trial and yet again no coverage on it??

any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

First off, does your phoneline pass the broadband test from eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Nixer95 wrote: »
    Does anyone live in this area and have working broadband? i have tried Eircom and have no coverage on wireless, before that we had digiweb but it wasnt wireless just used a cable with it and plugged laptop in and worked fine, i now have an ipad and cant use the internet as it must be wireless, have currently got a vodafone wireless pay as you go modem on a weeks trial and yet again no coverage on it??

any suggestions???

You don't order wireless broadband as such, you order broadband and you get a wifi router/access point which delivers the broadband "signals" around your house. That's what your connect to wirelessly for your ipad or mobile phone.

So the first question is can you get broadband...
    Then can you get a wifi router.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I use a Wifi router with my Digiweb cable Modem. Trivial.

Advertisement