Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trek 1000 alpha series

Options
  • 13-07-2011 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i wana get in to cyling road bikes . i was offered a trek 1000 alpha series for 300 euro , it seems to be in good cond , its the blue , red and white one . is this a good price for the bike or where do i look for a good second hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Its not a bad price but even if the bike looks clean and tidy theres a good chance drive train, headset and hubs are all very worn out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mick201

so get it checked first , where would i pick up a good second hand............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Depends on the condition, it sounds like the 2001 model year. I sold one a few years back in mint condition so good ones are out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mick201

are they good bike , or where do i look for a good one . budget about 400:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

If it is the 2001 model year its quite outdated, the frame was decent but the wheels (Vuelta Airline 2) were pretty poor and it used an old fashioned quill type stem rather than the more modern type, so if it doesn't fit you it may be a pain to get a longer stem put in. Shop around, there are often decent bikes in that price range on here...

• Advertisement
Advertisement