Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Core i3 Notebook (no OS!) €313.48 @ amazon.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just be aware that it's a German keyboard layout
    Numerical Wave German QWERTZ keyboard version

You could probably buy a replacement qwerty keyboard and fit it yourself or else place stickers on the effected keys but just be aware of this before you buy!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

You're right with the keyboard. Completely forgot about that...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Keyboard layouts are fine if you know where the keys are. German keyboard doesn't differentiate much compared to ours

Our keyboard:
    800px-KB_Windows_Ireland.svg.png

German Keyboard:
    800px-KB_Germany.svg.png

You can just revert the keyboard settings to UK/IRL, easy as pie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Q, Y, | and @ are the main ones that will throw you.
    I was able to quickly relearn when I was in German but then had to re-teach myself when I got back
    Keyboard layouts are fine if you know where the keys are. German keyboard doesn't differentiate much compared to ours

Our keyboard:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/KB_Windows_Ireland.svg/800px-KB_Windows_Ireland.svg.png

German Keyboard:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/KB_Germany.svg/800px-KB_Germany.svg.png

You can just revert the keyboard settings to UK/IRL, easy as pie

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

as was said already, there actually is something you can do in settings to change what each key is. generally the only use for it is when ur on a mates computer u can change two letters or whatever, but in this instance you could change it back to english keys, though they would be labelled wrong after...
    EDIT: in windows that is. i dont know other OS, so cant comment on their abilities to do this

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dosen't seem great imo.

No op, 320GB hard drive, only 2GB ram.

The Lenovo that was posted here had Win 7 64 bit premium,500GB hd, 4GB ram, a proper English keyboard, and webcam and mic built in(this might too, I don't speak German) and was about the same price.

Ok the one here has an i3, but for everyday use like internet, word, youtube, basic games, it won't make a hell of a difference between the p6200 and i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

IS the Gruupy one any good, pretty much same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Qwerty? wrote: »
    IS the Gruupy one any good, pretty much same price.

I think the processor is the real sellingpoint for the one I posted, but it's only interesting if you already have an unused windows license or intend to install Linux anyways and don't want to pay the usual microsoft tax.
    The one on gruupy only has an AMD V140. According to Passmark.com the i3 380M is more than three times faster than the V140. That's a significant difference, but only if you care about performance. Otherwise (and if you need Windows) go for the gruupy one or look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

perhaps for an 30 extra bucks,
    http://www.amazon.de/A52JE-EX214V-Notebook-Pentium-Blu-ray-schwarz/dp/B00451A2H6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1310575319&sr=1-1

has 4gb of ram, windows 7 home, and Intel Pentium Dual Core P6100, not sure of the processor differences but...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

does it have hdmi out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 flannee

It does indeed..
    Schnittstellen
     VGA Out, Kopfhörer, Mikrofon, 3x USB 2.0, RJ-45, HDMI
    Translate:
    interfaces
     VGA out, headphone, microphone, 3x USB 2.0, RJ-45, HDMI

Google is your freind lol

Advertisement