Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Itouch Issues

Options
  • 13-07-2011 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi i replaced my brothers itouch 2g battery yesterday as he was having issues with it loosing power after a charge. I soldered the battery and followed an online tutorial on youtube. When i was opening it i split the digitizer screen (i'll replace that once the part comes in the post) but to my knowledge i soldered the battery to it appropriately. However this is my problem. The ipod won't turn on when i press the power button (its completely unresponsive) So i thought there was a problem with the batteries charge level so i connected the ipod to my mac and after a few seconds i got a flashing white screen with a grey/black apple logo. This continues to flash between that and a black screen. So i then connected my ipod to a wall charger that i use for my iphone and it holds that previous display and then goes into the slide to unlock screen (however i cant slide cause the digitizers split on the base) but it is responsive. It says 100% battery charged however its a very basic display (white background Pink battery) When i disconnect my battery from the wall charger its the same as before completely unresponsive? Have a bricked it? Is it fixable? Or is it a ****ty cheap battery off ebay that wont work? PLEASE HELP :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Could be the wrong model battery, could be a fault coming from the broken digitizer.
    What do you mean by "the digitizers split on the base"
    Flashing LCD could be a damaged LCD cable/connector or connector not plugged in fully.
    What model ipod touch is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gman33322444

Ipod Touch 2G and the screen of the digitizer cracked is all (which is replaceable) but shouldn't it turn on without a digitizer anyways? I shouldn't have to connect to power to function (bar the touchscreen function)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It should power OK with the digitizer unplugged alright.
    Check the lcd connector(unplug and reseat)

Advertisement