Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 The year of the 3

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Which will you buy.

Kinda sad so many of them coming out in the same year.

Which No 3 will you buy? 212 votes

Battlefield 3
    0% 0 votes
    Gears of War 3
    31% 66 votes
    Uncharted 3
    13% 29 votes
    Modern Warfare 3
    20% 43 votes
    Saints Row 3
    10% 22 votes
    Assassins Creed 2 Exp pack 3
    8% 19 votes
    Just dance 3, ran out of 3s
    13% 29 votes
    The sims 3, running low now
    0% 1 vote
    Warhammer 3, it has to be 3 now?
    1% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

From the top 4 i will buy "3" of them. Still on the fence with BF3's console version. If i had a kickass PC it would be my most anticipated game on the list. Ill pick it up with the release of Diablo 3 (My excuse to get a new PC :D)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None are anywhere near as exciting as Dark Souls for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    None are anywhere near as exciting as Dark Souls for me.

is that a 3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a 6 if you count the King's Field game and therefore twice as good :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not too bothered about any of those to be honest, Battlefield, GoW and Modern Warfare are all meh for me, dont have a ps3 so no Uncharted, never owned either Saints row game so not too excited but might check it out at some stage.

I'll get Assassins Creed eventually but assuming its another AC2 with a few new features I'll wait a few months and pick it up cheap

Deus Ex is the third one as well isnt it? Not played the 2nd but I'm definitely planning on getting Human Revolution if it lives up to my hopes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The only one that might interest me there is Saint's Row, and only if there's a good demo, or I can have a go some other way and like it a lot. 2 was fun, but flawed so if they can make the right improvements I'd pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Battlefield and Uncharted are the only ones on my list. Played BFBC2 to death and loved Battlefield 2, so am really looking forward to that. Uncharted, more of the same brilliance as before plus more.

Finances dictate whether I'll have a look at SR3. I loved SR2 so it'll obviously be more of the same over the top fun.

Dark Souls, F1 and Batman are the only other games I'm budgeting for at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Mass Effect 3.

Not even a hard choice for me.

Edit, release date is 2012 i see. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You missed Resistance 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Uncharted 3. By a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 are already on my must buy list for the month of September, October and November along with Dead Island, Rage, Twisted Metal, The Darkness 2 & Skyrim not sure with Saints Row the 3rd yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just Assassins Creed a definite for me. I don't play online so BF3 is a non runner. Probably rent it for the SP which is a bit of a laugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 are definitely my most looked forward to 3's. Dark Souls is my most looked forward to game (well, except Skyrim).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Mass Effect 3, Ass Creed 2.5 or whatever it is, and Uncharted 3. Not bothered with Modern Warfare or Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Yeah, pretty much everything pales into insignificance next to dark souls.
    Dark Souls & Alice: MR, my 2 games of the year. Everything else is just filler.

Everything this year is just noise to my until Skyrim gets released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Catherine, Dark Souls and Uncharted 3 are my three must buys for the rest of the year. El Shaddai as well, probably, and I tend to find Gears of War a guilty pleasure for what it is (junk food).

I'm sure Skyrim and Battlefield will be great, but they each belong to genres I don't get particularly excited about anymore.

Most exciting of all though, are the unsubtle hints from Rising Star games that more Cave shooters - hopefully Akai Katana and Death Smiles 2 - will be out before years end. Everything else can **** right off if so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I looked at that list and realized ill be getting them all, only one that's a maybe is MW3 but i guess ill have to play it once to review it, but i've no interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Diablo 3
    BF3

After that there can be a world flood I wont give two ****s....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I suppose you could say the 3rd installment of Knights of the Republic aswel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only game that interests me sr3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is there going to be another Dawn of War game this year? We already had the expansion Retribution earlier in February or so... bit of a short turnaround.

I'll probably get Diablo III anyways. Kinda turned off Battlefield 3 by the DLC shenanigans, but I may pick it up in 2012 in a Steam sale or something.

I've not played the Uncharted series, is it playable on the PC (and if so - properly using a mouse and keyboard) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Uncharted 3 is the only 3 I'm planning on getting. Rest of the games I'm planning on splashing out on are Arkham City, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 (which I'm mentally telling myself is a 2011 game to get over the trauma of postponement :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This poll fails for not including
    Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
    e4ecb8b88ba3d1f979549a61bc1a1519.jpg?v=147600
    :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Half Life 3, oh, wait.

You know what, I won't be buying any of those threes though I've pre-ordered Mass Effect for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not much love for Saints Row 3 so far, it's going to be all kinds of awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

calex71 wrote: »
    Not much love for Saints Row 3 so far, it's going to be all kinds of awesome.

Im just downloading SR2 at the moment. Looking forward to kicking its ass.

SR3 is gonna be da bomb yo

Looking forward to Saints Row 3. SR2 was great fun and showed GTA 4 how sandbox really should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looking at some of the posts you guys are making mentioning other games and i gotta say, the next 5 months are stacked! That assuming most of them meet their release dates. Hoping Diablo 3 makes it into 2011 but you know Blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Diablo 3 has no chance of being released this year :(. Blizzard will take as long as they need, and it'll be early 2012 at the earliest before we see it.

Advertisement