Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Geyser in Mobile Home

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All
    I was having problems with water pressure in a mobile home we holiday in
    During the 'fine' weather. Problem is when the park gets busy and demand on supply increases, a very poor supply is available i.e. shower a no no..
    toilet very slow to fill etc.
    I got my hands on a 1/4 hp booster pump & vessel which I hooked up last week, being flooded from a 150 ltr buffer tank, pump working ok set currently at 1.5bar feeding mobile.
    New problem there is gas geyser used for heating the water, The water feeding and passing through the geyser seems to be passing too quickly to for the geyser to heat it as its running cold but great supply

from the hot taps/shower.
    Also noticed the hot taps needs to be opened over half way to activate the flame on the geyser.
    There is input & output settings on the pump which I reduced from 2.5bar to 1.5 bar problem remains after adjustment.
    Is there a setting on the gesyer to adjust flowrate sensitivity or are they usually factory set?
    Had a quick look and nothing obvious to me, but ran out of time last weekend to investigate further.
    What about putting a gate valve on the geyser input and reducing flow rate?

Will I have to set up a little 15-20 ltr buffer with float valve to control the fill and flood the geyser from a high point to enable the shower to run from gravity of the geyser buffer.
    Seems a waste not to avail of our newly created pressure through the shower also.

Any suggestions/help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The water heater should have a water throttle knob to adjust water flow, what make and model water heater are we talking about ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cronic90

Thanks for reply.
    Need to check that out, but it looks at least 25 years plus. This is only our 2nd summer with it.
    I guess there has to be a control on input feed?

Its a Mocro instantaneous gas water heater. model D-61 B
    qm 6.6kw.

lnput pressure from booster pump set at 2bar, there is 2 dials on d front, one for lighting and setting 1/2 to full flame.
    The 2nd dial is temp setting.
    set to high flame which works as you can see flame increasing when alternated from 1/2 to full.
    2nd dial set to full temp.
    The water gets luke warm at best on full flame.
    Also hot tap needs to be half open before geyser starts burning as if it needs to reach a set flow rate before it burns.
    ???

You need to reduce the flow rate, the D61 will except upto 10bar inlet pressure and automatically regulate it down, with the temperature selector set at max you should get a flow rate of about 2.5lts/min giving 50o temp rise above ambient, if you don't i would look at your gas supply/regulator.

Thanks billy for your reply, I guess a gate valve on input line and adjust to required settings would be the way to go so.

• Advertisement

No, you cannot restrict flow on the inlet. Check the gas supply, change the regulator.

Thanks billy,
    Eventually found the problem, some creative plumbing to an outside drain off taps. Which caused a cross in the hot and cold lines, only caused a problem when I increased pressure by installing pump.
    All OK apart from sorting out drain off.

Advertisement