Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cork - teach me all the things

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I just moved to Cork. Will be working here for a year. I'd appreciate it if you guys would tell me your Cork city - your favourite bars / clubs / shops (did see the prev thread on this) / things to do.

Especially interested in things like: best cup of coffee / bars or cafes open late at night on weeknights or sunday / favourite restaurant / best burrito / kebab.

Basically I want you to share why you love Cork city.

Cheers,

Gavin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Best coffee I think is in Cork Coffee Roasters on Bridge Street.

Some great bars include The Roundy, Tom Barry's (best beer garden).

Favourite restaurants are the Market Lane and The Bodega Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

goreill2 wrote: »
    Gavin

You wouldn't be former City Manager, Gavin, would you. Looking for accolades on your handwork? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

If your going to west Cork bring your passport. People from there seem to think its a different country. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

darrenh wrote: »
    If your going to west Cork bring your passport. People from there seem to think its a different country. :rolleyes:

ah give over, sure you even referred to it yourself as west Cork....

:rolleyes:

Quay Coop and English Market are lovely for groceries (not always the cheapest but certainly an experience)....

Ucc grounds are nice to walk around in, then there is the Lough, the Lee Fields and Fitzgeralds Park, all nice to spend time in lounging or dogwalking....

Best Cinema is Mahon Point but poorest Value, Gate does a Loyalty card....

Mardyke is a decent gym, if you need one.

The Crane Lane and The Pavilion are good for gigs, oh and cypress avenue.... You also gotta try the HiB bar on Oliver Plunkett street!

WELCOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

goreill2 wrote: »
    I just moved to Cork. Will be working here for a year. I'd appreciate it if you guys would tell me your Cork city - your favourite bars / clubs / shops (did see the prev thread on this) / things to do.

Especially interested in things like: best cup of coffee / bars or cafes open late at night on weeknights or sunday / favourite restaurant / best burrito / kebab.

Basically I want you to share why you love Cork city.

Cheers,

Gavin

Hi Gavin - welcome to Cork

Best cup of coffee is the new Italian place called Italee - It's on Oliver Plunkett Street just opposite Milano's and Brennans Cook shop. Went there today and had the best cappuccino ever and only €2.00 (2.50 for a large).

Also the English market as previously suggested - especially on Saturday mornings. The ABC stall does the best bread - try the hazelnut loaf, its delicious. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement