Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CycleSurgery Instalments - Orbea bikes

Options
  • 12-07-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I was in a CycleSurgery in London at the wknd and noticed they that sell bikes for an initial deposit and monthly instalments. I've been dyin to get a good road bike for a while now but I'm broke and can't get on the bike the work sheme (although im workin on that :D). Does any know if they, or any other bike shop, do this over here?

Anyone got any opinions on Orbea bikes I have my eye on one of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

WilcoYHF wrote: »
    Anyone got any opinions on Orbea bikes I have my eye on one of them?
    I really like them, my lbs is the Irish dealer for them so there are a good variety of them in the club. Until last weekend I had the only 2011 orca in the country. Which model are you looking at?
    They are well built and well specified but there are probably cheaper bikes for same components or better components for same money with one of the usual big names.
    In short, it depends on how much are you willing to spend to support a Basque cooperative.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭WilcoYHF

The Aqua TSR or possibly T105 will be all I'll be able to afford, unless you know of a better model less a grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

WilcoYHF wrote: »
    The Aqua TSR or possibly T105 will be all I'll be able to afford, unless you know of a better model less a grand?
    That's a grand Sterling I presume for the aluminum one??? I've a vague recollection of the carbon onix 105 retailing here for ~€1400.
    For £1000, personally I'd be tending towards carbon, having recently upgraded from aluminum. As alternatives, there's the obligatory canyon ultimate carbon or alu as well as planetx that you should at least inform yourself about....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

AFAIR Cycleways do layaway and I reckon most other bike shops would too. Like all other layaway arrangements you wouldn't get the bike till it's fully paid off though.

Advertisement