Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nepal trekking, flight information

Options
  • 12-07-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I'm planning a trekking holiday in Nepal this autumn, October/Novemberish. My dates are flexible, I'm just wondering what my best travel options are.
    Just need flights Dublin-Kathmandu, will arrange the rest when I get there.
    Mods, appreciate its more a travel question than outdoor pursuits but feel that I may get a more informed response here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

Qatar Airlines have flights from Heathrow to Kathmandu:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pplsgod

loobylou wrote: »
    I'm planning a trekking holiday in Nepal this autumn, October/Novemberish. My dates are flexible, I'm just wondering what my best travel options are.
    Just need flights Dublin-Kathmandu, will arrange the rest when I get there.
    Mods, appreciate its more a travel question than outdoor pursuits but feel that I may get a more informed response here.

Jet airways also have flights from Heathrow, I think via Delhi but its a short stop over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Etihad from Dublin has a 1 stopper through Abu Dhabi.

Be wary of flying through Delhi. I was out in Nepal last year and missed my connection to London on the way back. Had to wait 24 hours in the international transit area as my Kathmandu - Delhi carrier (Air India) wouldn't put me on a another flight that day even though it was their fault I missed my flight. I had no visa to enter India either so couldn't leave the airport hence the waiting in transfer area...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I was there on October 1st last year, at the very start of the season. Had the khumbu valley to myself :) (almost)

Flew Etihad Dublin-Dubai (I think)-Kathmandu. Fabulous carrier, great flight, got bumped to 1st class for the second leg, arrived in style and refreshed. (made up for the next 3weeks)

Advertisement