Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the race: Round 9 - British Grand Prix

Options
  • 12-07-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Who was your driver of the race?
    Lots to choose from with Alonso's performance for the victory one of the best of his career, Hamilton looking set for a podium before fuel problems caused him to drop back to Massa and a thrilling last corner. It was a great performance by Massa as well in the second Ferrari, he was pretty fast all weekend and looked to be back on form again, maybe he can challenge at the front next time out in Germany just like last season.
    Sergio Perez had a career best finish to take seventh after showing solid race pace throughout. Michael Schumacher was very fast as well and if not for the stop and go penalty he would have finished in the top five. Jamie Alguersuari took another points finish even though he dropped out of qualifying in Q1.

Driver of the race 25 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    0%
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    0%
    Fernando Alonso
    0%
    Felipe Massa
    68%
    TheFatSlutmonkey57bdor83lord lucanEvilMonkeyCarroller16frostie500IM0vincenzolorenzokeithohRayMbrownacidGlico ManThe FalconIron HidelosthorizonLionbacker 17 votes
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    20%
    LIGHTNINGjohnnysmackMyrddinGrim.decisions 5 votes
    Nick Heidfeld
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    4%
    Edgar Eats 1 vote
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    4%
    Sparks43 1 vote
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Heikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Jarno Truli
    0%
    Daniel Ricciardo
    0%
    Tonio Liuzzi
    4%
    Autosport 1 vote
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome D'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Felipe Massa
    I forgot to add a poll so if a mod can sort it out that would be great! Im voting for Alonso by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Felipe Massa
    Click on thread tools and add it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Felipe Massa
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Click on thread tools and add it ;)

Cheers aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Felipe Massa
    Oh, forgot to say my driver of the race was Alonso. Thought it was going to go badly for him when Hamilton went past him at Copse, but in the end he stormed ahead. Honorable mentions for Schumi and Perez too.
    frostie500 wrote: »
    Cheers aaron

No probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nico Rosberg
    It's a tuff choice, Fernando had a very good race and got himself in the position to capitalize on the red bill pit stop mistake and then drove on into the distance.

Schumacher had a great race the Merc is looking faster, and even after the stop go he got himself into the top ten.

Massa also had a good day at the office, he is clearly a no. 2 driver and was disadvantaged by the team more than once and was unlucky to miss out on the place to Lewis.

Alguersuari finished well and had a good race not bad at all considering he missed out on Q2. Oh and Perez also had a great race up invthe points

I'm gonna vote for Schumacher. He had a good race, one of his best so far but he does need to cut out the mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Felipe Massa
    It was a tough choice - no real stand out drive.

I Hope theres drizzle in Spa. Watch out for Schumi!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sebastian Buemi
    Loved the way Perez raced

Without doubt he is my driver of the race and i think maybe a future World Champ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Felipe Massa
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Who voted for Ricciardo?

I'm not a rat but if I was I'd say Autosport

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tonio Liuzzi
    Who voted for Ricciardo?

Yea i voted for him. good result for his first race :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nico Rosberg
    Autosport wrote: »
    Yea i voted for him. good result for his first race :)

I can see the logic behind it. He finished and kept it on the track from what I saw. Not bad for your first race. And the car is rubbish so we can't expect much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Felipe Massa
    Who voted for Ricciardo?

TBH I was going to vote for him as well or just not vote but in the end just voted for Alonso the winner. No real outstanding drive imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nico Rosberg
    Why is the poll closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Edgar Eats

Pastor Maldonado
    Alonso wins this poll I think.
    Top driver and top man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nico Rosberg
    Top driver no doubt about it, he has however a tendency to throw his toys out of the pram every so often though!

Abu Dhabi last year was unreal stuff by Alonso. Giving out to a driver you can't overtake...I remember the time he accused Massa of driving into him on purpose too (although he apologised for that). Top driver, probably the best driver on the grid...I just don't like the toys being thrown outta the pram though.

Advertisement