Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Heathrow

Options
  • 12-07-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Ok can someone please help....

i am trying to book a flight from London Heathrow to dublin but i will be coming from boston.

Basically i am due to fly into London Heathrow at 7.20 am with Virgin Airlines and i could get a flight from London to Dublin at 9.55 am..
    do you think i would have enough time by the time i get my luggage from the boston flight and check into my other flight.

Id have 2 hours and 35 mins in total????

any advice is appreciated.

thank you :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alanacadia

Hi I work in the airport in Dublin
    To answer your question you would have plenty of time subject to your Boston Flight not being delayed, but if it is delayed and you have booked that onward flight and you miss it because of any delay then its up to the Boston carrier to get you onto another flight to Dublin asap.
    Hope that helps you out
    be clear about the answer if you book a flight to dublin with very short time span and you miss that flight its not the Boston flights operators problem so as it stands your timings look really good to me
    cheers and have a safe and plesent journey
    :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

alanacadia wrote: »
    Hi I work in the airport in Dublin
    To answer your question you would have plenty of time subject to your Boston Flight not being delayed, but if it is delayed and you have booked that onward flight and you miss it because of any delay then its up to the Boston carrier to get you onto another flight to Dublin asap.
    Hope that helps you out
    be clear about the answer if you book a flight to dublin with very short time span and you miss that flight its not the Boston flights operators problem so as it stands your timings look really good to me
    cheers and have a safe and plesent journey
    :):):):):):)

Thank you so much for giving me your advice on this, i feel a lot better now booking the flight, thanks :D:D:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you book them as two seperate flights (Boston - London then London - Dublin) neither airline has a responsibility to look after you.

If you buy it all as one ticket, then yes. You wouldn't have to re-checkin, and your bags should be checked through and you would just take the flight connections bus between terminals.

ok so im a bit up in the air again

i will be booking all flights seperately.. so do you still think the 2.35 hrs will be sufficient?? usually when i get flights from the states they are not delayed but never say never!!! i think i need to check in 45 mins beforehand at heathrow!

Eeeeekkkkkk what to do!! :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

niva*sis wrote: »
    ok so im a bit up in the air again

i will be booking all flights seperately.. so do you still think the 2.35 hrs will be sufficient?? usually when i get flights from the states they are not delayed but never say never!!! i think i need to check in 45 mins beforehand at heathrow!

Eeeeekkkkkk what to do!! :confused::confused::confused:

Your are going Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 so transit is not a big issue, so I reckon you should hit Terminal 1 90 minutes from landling.

Book a semi flexible ticket and you should be fine

• Advertisement

there is another flight at 12ish would that be my best option... Just in case!

cas from dublin i think have to get a flight to Kerry :o

there is another flight at 12ish would that be my best option... Just in case!

cas from dublin i think have to get a flight to Kerry :o

Go with the 12ish for peace of mind then.

Go with the 12ish for peace of mind then.

Ya your right, thank you, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Moved to the London forum

niva*sis, there's a London sub-forum to the UK forum which is a better option for your queries regarding flights to/from London.

Re travelling through Heathrow from one terminal to the other, chances are you'll be fine with 2.5 hours between flights however if anything goes wrong or gets delayed (which is known to happen in Heathrow) you'd be better off with the extra few hours. One thing to be aware of is that there is usually a large volume of traffic through Terminal 1 and the security in that terminal can be a little more officious than in other airports or terminals. Hope your flights go well :)

Moved to the London forum

niva*sis, there's a London sub-forum to the UK forum which is a better option for your queries regarding flights to/from London.

Re travelling through Heathrow from one terminal to the other, chances are you'll be fine with 2.5 hours between flights however if anything goes wrong or gets delayed (which is known to happen in Heathrow) you'd be better off with the extra few hours. One thing to be aware of is that there is usually a large volume of traffic through Terminal 1 and the security in that terminal can be a little more officious than in other airports or terminals. Hope your flights go well :)

hey jack b badd,

thanks for that im still really unsure what to do :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

hey jack b badd,

thanks for that im still really unsure what to do :eek::eek::eek:

Calm down and take the 12 ish flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

If your booking as the flights seperately then you would need to leave as much time as you can as your going to have to re-check your bags. You won't be able to get your boarding pass issued for the second flight in Boston like you would if you booked the flights together. While you should be able to book online for the second flight and print the boarding pass at home if you've checked bags then you'll have to not only collect the bags but then recheck them at the airline check in desk at Heathrow which will add time, you also need to allow time for immigration coming in, even if traveling on an EU passport Heathrow is very slow and also you would have to go through security check again after you check the bags for the second flight. Any time I've flown into Heathrow the plane has to wait before it can get to the stand as the airport is very busy, 2.5 hours might seem like alot but if you've got to go through immigration, changer terminals, check in bags, go through security then walk to that stupid little island thing were all the Irish flights go from I'd take the 12ish flight.

If you want the tigher turn around time in London then book everything as one trip otherwise book the later 12ish flight to Dublin.

Also be aware that short haul flights can have smaller max baggage weights...not an issue if your booking flights together as they usually allow the weight for the trans-atlantic flight but can be if your booking flights seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ok can someone please help....

i am trying to book a flight from London Heathrow to dublin but i will be coming from boston.
    You could save yourself a whole load of unnecessary hassle and just a book a direct flight from Boston to Dublin? Either that or just make a single booking for the whole journey – there are at least a couple of transatlantic operators (BA and AA) who code-share with Aer Lingus.

Advertisement