Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Tennis Partner - Absolute Beginner

Options
  • 12-07-2011 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I'm a 29 year-old male, fairly fit, with an interest in trying tennis...I have no experience and would like meet someone similar to practice with.

I'm in the City Centre area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 therapyswap

I'm on for a game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

Im interested too. I know nothing about tennis but would love to learn and practice the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

http://www.irishtennis.com/irishtennisclubs.php?query=&countyq=Cork

That's a link to info to most, if not all clubs in cork.
    Anyone of them will be happy to take new members.
    Try to have a chat with a committee member from a club and they will help you get started.
    Or arrange a lesson and the coach might be able to find a partner for you.
    Don't be put off. Everyone will be happy to help. Just go down to a club and you will be playing in no time.

Thanks for the info, however i'm not sure about paying club subscription fees. Finances are a bit stretched ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rob_Leahy

Check out www.corktennis.com for all the information you'll need on tennis in cork

• Advertisement

Seriously ? I'm not sure if the Babolat Cork Tennis League where beginners should be playing.

I did send an email to the guy running that site, he had a blog about people looking for new tennis partners to get in contact with him. That was a few weeks ago, got no reply.

So to anybody interested I am returning to the sport after a very long absence, used to play 2-3 times a week back in the 90's. Would be looking for somebody with some skills but nothing terribly competitive.

Thanks for the feedback though guys, its is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rob_Leahy

Hey therapy, I'm the guy who runs the blog and unfortunately I didn't get any mail from you previously so my apologies about that. My suggestion wasn't the Babolat league it was to see the list of clubs available to you and also where you can just pay and play.
    If you need any further assistance let me know. Thanks

Rob_Leahy wrote: »
    Hey therapy, I'm the guy who runs the blog and unfortunately I didn't get any mail from you previously so my apologies about that. My suggestion wasn't the Babolat league it was to see the list of clubs available to you and also where you can just pay and play.
    If you need any further assistance let me know. Thanks

Thanks for that, I resent the original email from ten days ago

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Federer

Hey does anybody want to challenge me to a game of tennis??

I'm on for a game Federer

• Advertisement
Advertisement