Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kit for LeJog

Options
  • 12-07-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭

My little Sister is doing a LeJog in two weeks in aid of Cancer Research (we lost our mum to Cancer in January). She has all her essentials* sorted out, but I want to send her a box of goodies to see her on her way.

So far I've got

Pocket Rocket (her rain jacket sucks)
    Couple of Tubs of Chamois Cream
    Spare Boards Jersey (for photo opps)
    Pink Castelli Cap (you can never have enough pink)
    Box of RideShots and gels

Any other suggestions to make the experience a little better?

*She's doing it on a Boardman Hybrid. I've spent the last 5 months trying to get her to buy a proper roadbike but she won't give in. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Zip lock bags for phone camera money ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

daragh_ wrote: »
    we lost our mum to Cancer in January

I'm really sorry to hear that, daragh.
    daragh_ wrote: »
    Any other suggestions to make the experience a little better?

A carload of you and your crazy wife and kids to beep yourselves silly, Shay Elliott WW200-style, at Landsend?

(Or maybe John O' Groats - I suppose it's not a JogLe!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

An energy drink (I like High5 myself). Also, maybe something as an alternative to, or to space out the use of, the gels - gels are not to everyone's taste and I certainly have a hard time drinking(/chewing!) them and much prefer something more palatable.

For day after day on the bike too, I'd want at least a couple of pairs of *comfortable* shorts (often a trial and error process to find what works for you, unfortunately), a pair of light full-fingered gloves for cold days, either 3/4 length shorts/knickers or tights for cold/wet days, and a pair of overshoes for wet days (or equivalent for non cycling-specific shoes). I'm delicate though, I'll admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I'm really sorry to hear that, daragh.

A carload of you and your crazy wife and kids to beep yourselves silly, Shay Elliott WW200-style, at Landsend?

Thanks.

I wish we could. Was planning on doing it with her but 'stuff' got in the way. Bloody work/mortgage/real-life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Sorry for you loss, Daragh. Cycling a fair bit with my own sister, who is way lighter than me, I know she finds the mini-pump a lot of work on a roadside puncture. If your sister's the same, maybe a Co2 pump and a few spare cylinders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'd like to add my condolences too.

What about something for off the bike - I take it they'll be stopping each evening so what about something posh and smelly to go in the bath to aid with the evening's recovery?

Advertisement