Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Bought this a few years ago, and thought it was good fun. I recently got it back from a mate of who had a loan of it mine and I started replaying it over the weekend, and damn! It blew me away this time! This has got to be one of the most fun games I've played in this generation. Sure, it's got a few problems here and there- Every once in a while Rubi doesn't do what she's supposed to- but it really is a splendid action game.

Just wondering if there are any other Wet fans out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I liked th elook of it but anytime i mention buying it on forums i get a resounding DONT ****ING DO IT from everyone. Id heard it was pretty terrible, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I liked th elook of it but anytime i mention buying it on forums i get a resounding DONT ****ING DO IT from everyone. Id heard it was pretty terrible, no?

I really thought it was fantastic fun. As long as you're not looking for some epic story or 70+ hours gameplay, but instead want a good old-fashioned violent action game then I'd imagine you may enjoy it. Mix MAx Paynes slow mo idea with the Prince Of Persia agility and an unholy amount of badguys to unload on, and... well... That's really all there is to it. But that's a good thing, because that's really all that's needed. Just good braindead shoot'em-up kinda fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Been ages since I played it, but didn't really like it. All style, no substance.

Barrington wrote: »
    Been ages since I played it, but didn't really like it. All style, no substance.

Thats pretty much what I remember from it.

Hmmm, it certainly doesn't seem to have much of a following. Which I think is a bit of a pity, but there's fun to be had with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The problem is you have a choice of buying Wet or using the money to buy a much better non derivative game. I know what I'd choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I played the demo when it came out and I quite liked it. That never translated into a purchase for me but it's always been one of those games in the back of my mind. I played through StrangleHold twice and loved that game and this game very much reminded me of that for the mindless slo mo action.

I reckon it would be going for about a tenner these days and would be well worth a playthrough at that price. I've got a serious back log of games at the moment though so it'll remain on my future purchase list for awhile yet.

Good to hear some positives for it though even if you're in the minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's worth a rental , I enjoyed it , but would not have paid full price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was looking at this on Amazon a week or two ago, it's only £7 (€10-12?) on there. Reviews don't look the greatest but I think it looks good so I'll probably get it.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I played the demo when it came out and I quite liked it. That never translated into a purchase for me but it's always been one of those games in the back of my mind. I played through StrangleHold twice and loved that game and this game very much reminded me of that for the mindless slo mo action.

I reckon it would be going for about a tenner these days and would be well worth a playthrough at that price. I've got a serious back log of games at the moment though so it'll remain on my future purchase list for awhile yet.

Good to hear some positives for it though even if you're in the minority

I actually downloaded the demo for Stranglehold after my first playthrough of Wet, because I was looking for more of the same. I thought Stranglehold seemed very weak in comparison. However, that was just a demo, so the full game could have been great.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    I was looking at this on Amazon a week or two ago, it's only £7 (€10-12?) on there, I'll probably get it. Reviews don't look the greatest but I think it looks good so I'll probably get it.

I'm not surprised by the price. I picked mine up around the 20quid mark about two years ago, so it should be cheap as chips these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Wasant that the kill bill game :pac:? , barely remember the demo remember alot of sliding

Wasant that the kill bill game :pac:? , barely remember the demo remember alot of sliding

Yip, it has a seriously Tarantino-ish buzz going on. And, yes there's a lot of sliding to begin with, but as you gain more moves through-out the game, she becomes fierce agile.

Finished this yesterday. It's fairly short and the last boss is shíte but I thought it was great otherwise. Just a fun, brainless, action game with some cool slo-mo moves thrown in.
    The rage mode is great, voice-acting is good (apart from that dodgy Irish/Scottish fella, ''Milo'') and the music is class.

Hope there's a sequel.

Finished this yesterday. It's fairly short and the last boss is shíte but I thought it was great otherwise. Just a fun, brainless, action game with some cool slo-mo moves thrown in.
    The rage mode is great, voice-acting is good (apart from that dodgy Irish/Scottish fella, ''Milo'') and the music is class.

Hope there's a sequel.

Kinda surprised to see this thread making a come-back, but I'm damn happy to see that I'll not alone in thinking it's a good game.

Unfortunately though, the sequel was cancelled back in may, as far as I know :(

deathrider wrote: »
    Unfortunately though, the sequel was cancelled back in may, as far as I know :(

That's a shame.
    They kind of set up hope for a sequel when the weird albino woman twitched at the end.

That's a shame.
    They kind of set up hope for a sequel when the weird albino woman twitched at the end.

This is true, but the story wasn't really very interesting anyways
    and that weirdo chick wasn't really an important character. I don't even think she had any dialogue.
    But I really woulda loved to have more-of-the-same as far as Wet's action goes. I'd loved to have seen a sequel.

Advertisement