Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hoping to move to mallow?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My partner and i would like to move to cork (from Clare) i don't drive so on the train route would be great, we're thinking mallow. Wanted some honest opinions of what it's like, convenient to cork city etc, nice area?... thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Willlow

I would choose Midleton over Mallow for a train route connected to Cork.
    Houses are probably cheaper in Mallow though.

Midleton has some great restaurants, a very good farmers market and it's not far from beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Im living in Mallow 3 years and must say even though the mallow road isnt the best, Mallow is quite convenient

It has all the shops u need and the train goes to cork frequently

Its a nice area and being honest I have never seen any trouble here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Willlow wrote: »

Midleton has some great restaurants, a very good farmers market and it's not far from beaches.

Mallow has a railway station with more frequent trains to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Willlow wrote: »

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 NathanOR

I've lived in mallow my whole life and it is just wonderful town! It has a great train route and road to Cork so there is no trouble with transport! :D Mallow is full of great school, lovely shops and an unreal night-life :P SO i would highly recommend it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

NathanOR wrote: »
    I've lived in mallow my whole life and it is just wonderful town! It has a great train route and road to Cork so there is no trouble with transport! :D Mallow is full of great school, lovely shops and an unreal night-life :P SO i would highly recommend it! :)

The stakes at the Roundabout Inn are worth moving there for alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

chasers is the business! Grand town, has its ups and downs etc. Houses are cheaper than other towns and lots for sale. Has tescos, dunnes, supervalu, heatons, all the usual stuff. Only problem is the amount of chippers on the street, going to be some serious obese lads around in a number of years.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Living outside it all my life, pretty good town. Good shops with Dunnes, Aldi, Tesco, Lidl, Heatons.

Loads of houses for sale around the place so shop around. Trains in the morning to Cork city are every half an hour till 9.20, after that every hour, then coming back, its every half hour after 5. Bus is also an option, not quite sure of the times, but there is the 51 that goes to Galway via Shannon, so if you were ever visiting home without your partner, it would be handy for you

Decent nightlife, plenty of sports clubs, options of two swimming pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I miss mallow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I miss mallow :(
    Google's your friend.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement