Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water strech lanesborough

Options
  • 12-07-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

anyone know how its fishing? have next monday off, thinking of doing some tench fishing. never fished there before. I hear downstreem from the bridge on the longford side against the weeds is good for feeder fishing, also, would it need to be prebaited? was thinking after the weekend ther might be a lot ob bait in the water already!

Frank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Frank

I wouldn't bother there for a while , It hasn't fished well since our "friends"used to fish the crap out of it and kill everything they catch

Might be better off looking further afield for tench ,there's a few spots down the Shannon that are known to hold good tench .

Hows the music goin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

you are joking? i at would have thought the shannon fisheries board would have been able to look after on of the best spots on the shannon considering its literally under a bridge in a town. Any bream there now?

music is quiet enough these days, just ticking over with a few gigs here and there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

I wouldn't bother there for a while , It hasn't fished well since our "friends"used to fish the crap out of it and kill everything they catch

I cant understand why for years people have danced around this issue.
    I call a spade a spade, that's what it is a f**king SPADE.....the Eastern Europeans & Co have done a lot of damage to coarse fish stocks that's a FACT actually decimated them in some spots.......tell them nothing........they are no 'friends' of mine.
    I never saw an irish or british person coarse fishing and killing and eating a tench, bream, or carp.
    The country is full of sad pathetic do gooders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

actually decimated them in some spots

the canals are a perfect example, they were netted.

Damage has been done. Is there anything being done to restock these areas? Bream, roach, rudd, perch and pike will recover in time (how long, i dont know), i would be very worried about the tench and carp that were killed. They are not a native to ireland (i know roach are not native either, but they are well able to multiply on their own) and i question if those stocks will ever recover.

Irish tourism has to be taking a massive hit over this, the word is out that irish fish stocks have been destroyed, even Matt Hayes said ot on one of his shows.

Advertisement