Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up Irish goodies

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

I wanted to pick up a few things for my wife. She has a thing for Chocolate Kimberly and I quite like the ordinary ones.

Does anyone know anywhere I can pick those up that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? I have seen a few websites selling things but when you add postage and packing it is probably cheaper to get someone to post from Ireland.

I think some supermarkets carry Irish produce.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Try

Peggy's Irish Shop
    020 88611267

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

That is up in Harrow so too far for me.

We live in Brighton but when we go to London we do central only.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's at least one shop on Kilburn High Road (In & Out, opposite The State building) and one out in Willesden (Mandys, I think) that carry a decent selection of Irish goodies, and I've heard mutterings that some of the supermarkets have Irish sections though from what I've seen it's more geared towards stuff like Clonakilty pudding than confectionery.

TBH you'll only find these kind of shops in areas that still have a reasonably strong Irish presence so I'd say there's not a hope of finding it in Zone 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Anywhere maybe then in the Croydon area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

Have a look in ASDA, the one near me has a selection of irish foods like biscuts and tayto in the world food aisle... Or if you have a sweet tooth my friend at home has a website www.pennyjellies.com that do all sorts of goodies, especially retro sweets and teats we enjoyed as kids!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Most decent sized ASDA's will stock Mi-Wadi, Club, kimberly biscuts etc etc The one in Park Royal has a decent section. There's also the Irish Meat Market in Harlesden which stocks [other then meat] a selection of Irish products including Chef Ketchup which is the biggest pain to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Anyone seen Dubliner cheese anywhere?? :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

There a palce in Tooting, not been there myself yet but its supposed to be good

Mandy's
    http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1230/42676.php

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

The big Asda in Hollingbury in Brighton has an Irish section and sells Choc Kimberley biscuits. Also, the Cheese shop near platforms 15-18 in Victoria sell Club Orange and N Irish Taytos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Anyone seen Dubliner cheese anywhere?? :-o
    awww...i miss all these irish brands, gealtee, jacobs, its so sad:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

McDonnells Curry powder?
    Got it sent over last time...

Advertisement