Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to quit.

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

I'm smoking since I was 14, I'm 24 now and to be honest I'm sick of the cost and damage it's doing to my health so I stopped smoking yesterday.

I'm using the Nicorette inhaler to help me, I used about 4 cartridges yesterday, I had a terrible nights sleep though waking up a good few times thinking about smoking.

Hopefully tonight will be easier! I'm a bit worried about going out drinking the weekend so I might not bother at all to be honest and give myself a bit of a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

Hi, I am 3 weeks off them today. Just remember for the first three days your body still has nicotine in it and is still craving it. It will do anything to get nicotine, cravings, sweating, insomnia, anxiety anything and everything. So its a battle between your body and your will. You just have to keep your will strong. Make a list of why you are stopping and look at it often. It does get easier and it is within our power to stop. Best of luck, stay strong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

best of luck. i was on the inhaler too, kept it to one cartridge a day. they're the biz. keep forgetting to bring it with me to work lately, think they've helped me stay off them 6 weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Best of luck Sitec. It's in you to keep off them. It's tough but worth it. Keep checking in here - we're all behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Cheers everyone thanks for the support means a lot.

Yesterday was a bit easier, only used one inhaler cartridge`.

Went down to the bookies with a few friends and managed to stand outside with them smoking and work away with the inhaler.

Eating like a horse so bought a load of apples and put them in the fridge, I'm like a pregnant woman getting cravings don't ask.

Noticed I didn't cough this morning when I woke up. Usually I wake the whole house up so I'm already seeing a benefit not to mention the €25 in the savings jar in my room!:D

Advertisement