Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disco TD5 Air suspension problem

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have a 00 TD5 and have an ongoing problem with the rear air suspension. Drivers side air bag deflates randomly. It can stay up for a couple of weeks when driving over various on road surfaces (motorway to pothole ridden minor roads).
    Then it will deflate for no reason, stays up and down for a week or so and then gets back to normal.
    I have had airbags replaced over the years when the problem was pinpointed to a leaky airbag but I dont believe this is the problem now otherwise the airbag would be consistently deflating.
    Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I've read of this happening where the hole in the airbag is in the crease at the bottom of the bag, is only exposed at full extension and shows up as seemingly random deflation.

Try running one wheel up on a ramp to extend the bag and apply some soapy water.

Otherwise it could be the height sensor or it's connection playing up.

Advertisement