Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home available including Snooker Table in Games Room

Options
  • 12-07-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Have you ever wanted to have your own snooker table/games room at home?
    This is a rare and unique opportunity to live in a house with its own fabulous games room.
    This house comes with 24/7 full and exclusive access to a top class snooker table and its games room. See below for all facilities on offer.

I am a true cue-sports enthusiast as I play on the Irish pool tours.
    I have designed and self-built/managed the design construction and completion of this games room with snooker table to the highest standards. It is the games room I always wanted in my house.
    I have since married and it no longer suits us to live in this area.
    I am making this house available to be lived in by genuine cue-sports enthusiasts, the second-best option instead of me living in it anymore!

Snooker facilities:
    Snooker table in top condition, which has had infrequent usage
    Proper snooker lights set, hanging down from ceiling; dual light switches wall mounted
    Full set of Belgian Aramith Snooker balls
    Set of 15 pool balls, plus spare/training cue ball that is handy for billiards
    Cue rack, cues, rest, spider, long rest with long cue
    Top quality snooker scoreboard, mahogany and brass, wall mounted
    Table is always brushed and covered while not in use
    Snooker table brush to keep baize clean and dust free
    Proper cloths to clean cues and balls

Games Room highlights and features:
    Surround sound stereo system, links to TV, music player, stereo, games console, radio etc.
    Surround sound in all corners, wires are all hidden in the ceiling above
    Big TV linked to games console, cable TV, satellite TV. Stereo
    Black leather 3 piece suite furniture (sofa and 2 armchairs) – very comfy
    Dart board with own scoreboard
    Natural wood ceiling, tongue and groove (my own hands helped to make it!)
    3 pairs of dimmable ceiling room lights to set desired brightness level of room
    Exterior spotlights in outside fascia that beam down – looks cool at night when on!
    I have some cool framed pics and posters mounted on the walls such as Muhammad Ali, Chicago, New York and that famous pool table pic of The Rat Pack!
    Plenty of natural light enters this games room via several large double-glazed windows, double french doors, double sliding door. You can even play snooker during the day without need of its snooker lights, saves on those electric bills!
    Ample door and window openings for those warm airy days
    Wired for both cable TV and satellite TV to 2 different TV points in the room, therefore room is prepared for a larger wall mounted LCD TV
    Ample electric sockets for devices, no need to extension leads, gangway plugs
    Room built to the highest building standards and I insulated the cavity walls with thick Xtratherm insulation. Wood ceiling insulated, looks, feels and is warm. This room stays nice and snug during the cold winter.
    2 wall mounted radiators with easy to use time and temperature controls. You can have the room timed to be warmed up by the time you get home! Rads are located to not interfere with play around the table.
    Wired ready for underfloor heating
    Large glossed natural wood inner window cills/ledges, plenty of area to place beverages while not in the way of snooker playing area. No need for beverages to get near the table please!
    Access out onto garden and green space
    Privacy: Games room located at rear of property. All neighbouring gardens are laid out in a manner whereby no neighbour is ‘overlooking’ near into the games room

This is the ultimate games room at home, it must be seen to be believed!
    I really want this place to be lived in and used by genuine cue-sports enthusiasts. It would be a waste for it to not be used and availed of, to its full potential.
    PM or call me to arrange viewing. You really need to see this place before making me an offer.

The House itself:
    Property Overview:
    Fully Furnished
    3 Bedrooms (3 double)
    Built 2004
    Property Description:
    An excellent opportunity to acquire a very spacious double fronted property, located in the popular Lusk Village development in Lusk, Co. Dublin. Townhouse 3 bed 3 bathroom (2double, 1king). 1 en suite with double tray power shower, toilet, whb. 1 large bathroom with bath, whb, toilet, towel rack. 3 toilets, 1 of which is downstairs and wheelchair accessible, whb. Parking, alarm, open flame gas fire in large sitting room, kitchen/diner includes dishwasher, microwave, gas hob oven.
    Whole property in excellent condition
    Upstairs tastefully laminated to match the decor.
    Washing machine is conveniently located under stairs within downstairs WC room, this keeps its operating noise at an unnoticeable level.
    Games room.
    Maintenance free exterior walls due to full brick outside walls
    Oak wood floor in spacious light-bathed sitting room. Large White leather 3 piece suite.
    Internal glass panel doors
    Garden with garden shed, rotary washing line
    Suit cue-sports enthusiasts or working professionals.
    2 large sliding patio doors to access rear, great for letting light in.
    2 minutes walk to local amenities, shops, schools, pubs, food establishments etc. 5 mins walk to bus, 15 min walk/5 mins bike/1 mins car to commuter train from Lusk/Rush station. 30 mins train to Dublin City.
    Short drive the beautiful beaches of Skerries and Rush

Facilities:
    Snooker table in Games room*
    Parking
    Central Heating
    Nice modern kitchen
    House Alarm
    Cable Television, also in bedrooms
    Washing Machine
    Dishwasher
    Microwave
    Wireless internet access available
    Beautiful front shrub area self-maintained by local management company
    Recently repainted interior throughout
    Wheelchair Access
    Tiled down stairs WC - wheelchair accessible.
    Popular, well designed, well maintained and landscaped area including beautiful stone walls
    Plenty of green space nearby
    Near to M1/M50 Motorway

Dimensions:
    Games Room Floor Area: 38 Sq. Metres (409 Sq. Feet)
    House Floor Area: 105 Sq. Metres (1,130 Sq. Feet)
    Overall Floor Area: 143 Sq. Metres (1,539 Sq. Feet)

The rear garden is abnormally large, hence being able to build the games room there. There is still plenty of garden left.

Why am I vacating such a a fine facility?
    Well the answer is quiet simple. I built this my dream games room to my house as a bachelor and before I had completed the build to fully enjoy it, I had met the girl of my dreams, who is now my wife! It is simply that the house location does not suit us as a couple and now it is available for some other lucky souls to best use.

I am open to offers for both sale and lease (min. duration one year lease).

I am competing in the 9th annual All Ireland Open 9-Ball Pool Championship in Sligo on Sat July 30th. Feel free to meet and discuss with me then.

Thanks
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alan17wilson

Hi Declan,

House sounds amazing.
    I'm a keen pool enthusiast and general all round sports person. I'm thinking of moving closer to work in dublin so the place could be ideal. Do you have any pics of the house to convince the girlfriend?

BR
    Alan

alan17wilson@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scholarswalk

Hi Alan,

I'll contact you on your email.

thanks
    Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

This is a strange post if its not a joke.
    If it isnt a joke just make sure Alan Wilsons story isnt that he's currently in Nigeria and mentioning transfers via western union!. After all it is his first post strangely!.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

This whole thread is strange, are we selling houses on snooker forums now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scholarswalk

Why strange?
    For all the details I have mentioned in my initial post, I think this is most relevant to this forum. I think it is of interest to snooker people. I did not post here lightly.
    I can assure you all that if there is any question if this is genuine, anyone can come visit the house. You may also speak to me at the upcoming All Ireland Open 9-Ball Pool Championship in Sligo on Sat July 30th. But please, not while I’m taking my shots! Ronnie there that runs the tour knows me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

This whole thread is strange, are we selling houses on snooker forums now? :confused:

I don't think so. A full size table in your home is very appealing to some on this forum. Plus, declan probably wants to be sure it'll be looked after!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Yea except it not a full size snooker table though, i just dont think u will have much luck sellin a house on a snooker forum thats all, best of luck though! ;)

Advertisement