Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men dyeing their hair off-putting?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭

Would you be put off men who dye their hair or use anti ageing produces etc.

During the election their was a candidate in my area and his poster made it appear that he had dyed his hair and it was relay off putting and would influence me in to not voting for him.

It would be the same with seeing someone...if I found out someone I was seeing dyed their hair or used anti wrinkle produces it would act as an anti attractor for me.

To me middle aged men dying their hair make them a figure of ridicule? yet I thing it very okay for women to do it.

I am not talking a few highlights I am talking full on... one day your hair is white and the next day you are back to the black hair of your youth type of thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'm partial to the odd blue rinse myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Is the ham green too?

As a former Boots Girl I can definitely say a lotta lotta men do it!! A lot that you really wouldnt expect it from!!As for putting me off nah If it makes a guy happier in his own skin then sure what harm done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

It put you off wanting to vote for him? Man. Had he dyed it purple or something?

I general, I'd find it a huge turn off. Love the silver fox look. Ha ha. Nothing sexier than a man going grey gracefully.

But if a dude WANTS to dye it, each to their own. I guess from a guys perepective looking at girls, some hate it when girls dye their hair peroxide blonde - some girls just don't pull it off. Each to their own though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

mariaalice wrote: »

During the election their was a candidate in my area and his poster made it appear that he had dyed his hair and it was relay off putting and would influence me in to not voting for him.

It would be the same with seeing someone...if I found out someone I was seeing dyed their hair or used anti wrinkle produces it would act as an anti attractor for me.

To me middle aged men dying their hair make them a figure of ridicule? yet I thing it very okay for women to do it.

I am not talking a few highlights I am talking full on... one day your hair is white and the next day you are back to the black hair of your youth type of thing.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I also think it looks ridiculous for men to dye their hair. But I'd have no problem with the creams. Creams are not really the equivalent to dying hair, maybe botox would be a better comparison. That I'd also find weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I don't think it looks bad unless it's really obvious..like dyeing it a natural shade would be fine. That said I know a guy with long ginger hair and he dyes it black but has 2-3 inches of ginger roots most of the time when I see him! It bothers me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

It would be the same with seeing someone...if I found out someone I was seeing dyed their hair or used anti wrinkle products it would act as an anti attractor for me.

Seriously?

I can understand a bloke having the ol shoe polish head being a turn-off, but a bit of revitalift to make him less prune-face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

While I'm very much of the "gawd no I'd never have plastic surgery/ anti-ageing treament" type of thinking now, I'm sure that in twenty years' time when everything starts to drift south and I'm about as elastic as a well-worn, dried out rubber band my mind will change pretty fast. No doubt I'll be lining myself up for dyes, nips, tucks and whatever the hell else I can do to delude myself into thinking I'm retaining my youthful glow.

So I'm hardly in a position to judge a bloke who wants to change the colour of his hair. It's really not that different to women doing it. And if he steals some of my anti-wrinkle products I only ask that he replaces them when they're used up. Of course I'd most likely point and laugh uncontrollably if I find out, but I'd only ridicule them in private. It would just be downright mean to do it in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

29 and going grey with diginity! My wife loves it...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Dying hair wouldn't bother me TBH... Comb over or a syrup is a different story....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You don't deserve the right to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

Its unfair that as women we seen no problem with dying our hair but question a man if he does it .... double standards if you ask me ...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dermot Weld, the famous horse racing trainer, has the head dyed off him!

Not that I can really comment on any hair matters :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

stovelid wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I got a rush of blood to the head a frew weeks ago, closely followed by a rush of bleach. Salt and pepper to Lisa Simpson in a lunch break. Well worth it, fighting 'em off I was. Some women may not like it, but there's enough for me that do :cool:

Back to my natural colour this last week - couldn't get arrested :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I have dyed my hair. Why? Well it takes years of me. so why not. I dont do a big outrageous job just subtle light coloring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

enda1 wrote: »

I only flirted with Just For Men once. And it was a tasteful chestnut shade, not ink-black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal. So I don't have to worry about grey hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What about pubes?

Would grey tidy pubes be a turn off or should the man also dye them (a semi natural colour of course, no mad blues/greens/reds, etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Been going grey myself since I was 17 and at this stage, it's a bit hard to detect any black hairs left on my head (especially noticeable when at the barbers and seeing the clumps getting whiter and whiter over time).

Never once have I ever thought about dyeing my hair, for a start the missus would not be impressed having to wash the pillow cases every second day.

Then again, seeing as how my pubes have also begun to turn a distinctly lighter shade recently, I may have to re-consider.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

MayoForSam wrote: »
    my pubes have also begun to turn a distinctly lighter shade recently

Well that's just super, I'm all jazzed for you.

Advertisement