Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butlers chocolate experience €6

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

http://www.grabone.ie/home
    Went to this last week. Had a great time. Its in the industrial park beside Northside shopping centre.
    You start off by looking at a video about the history of chocolate and how its made. Then get to go out on a walkway above the factory floor and can see them making and boxing the chocolate. Just below the walkway is a conver belt which has the chocolates being made from start to finish. A staff member talked us through the making of different chocolates which could be seen on tvs on the walkway. We then had to put on a white coat and hair net to enter the next area. Inside we got to see up close how they put the filling in with a demonstration. Then how they make hallow chocolate. We finished off by decorating a chococtle bear:-) Myself, my daughter and her mammy enjoyed it. Took about 1.15 to 1.30 in total. Staff were great too. Theres a butler coffee shop at the entrance so you can get something on the way in or out.
    On grabone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Thanks for the info although I missed out on the offer :( but I'm going next Monday anyway. My niece went to a chocolate factory on the southside and wasn't impressed so I was a littled worried about this one but your post and another one in the Dublin Forum makes it sound great. Can't wait! I mean I'm sure my nieces will enjoy it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

datk wrote: »
    Thanks for the info although I missed out on the offer :( but I'm going next Monday anyway. My niece went to a chocolate factory on the southside and wasn't impressed so I was a littled worried about this one but your post and another one in the Dublin Forum makes it sound great. Can't wait! I mean I'm sure my nieces will enjoy it! :o

The one in Walkinstown? - shockingly bad!!

Advertisement