Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 1 TB external drive 49.99 (12/07 only)

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Seagate Expansions 1TB external drive for €49.99 (inc postage) from www.easonoffers.com

This offer is only avaliable on the 12th July

The drive is currently £56.00 (€63.00) on amazon.co.uk

I bought one a few months ago and am very happy with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

anyone have one of these ?, Reliability seems to be an issue from some of the reviews.

I have a WD 1tb drive which is slllllllloooooooooooowwwwwww to say the least. wonder if this is any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've got 2 of them, plus I got a 2TB version recently too. :) I love them, I find them pretty damn fast (but I'm no expert, maybe there are way faster ones out there). One of the 1TB got a bit clicky last year but I think that's because I dropped it :o, but it still works great and I use it daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

They come with a 3 year warranty, so you can't go wrong....unless you drop it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

jahalpin wrote: »
    Seagate Expansions 1TB external drive for €49.99 (inc postage) from www.easonoffers.com

This offer is only avaliable on the 12th July

The drive is currently £56.00 (€63.00) on amazon.co.uk

I bought one a few months ago and am very happy with it

I ordered one but it said 100 people had to order.

Then I got an email to say its packing.

We will see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Yeah, I was number 13 when I ordered around 10.00 am but had an e-mail before lunch saying they had the 100 orders they required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Just ordered one and then noticed all the Windows stuff - will this work on a mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

What version is the USB? 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

Funkstard wrote: »
    Just ordered one and then noticed all the Windows stuff - will this work on a mac?
    If it is formatted NTFS or FAT32, it should work with a Mac- you can reformat it with Disk Utility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Funkstard wrote: »

I've got a mac and it works great, the fat32 format works fine with a mac anyway and you can reformat to mac os journaled or whatever really quick and easy using disc utility.

^Edit: sorry, just realised the post before me said the exact same thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered. Gonna take all my video work off my drives and just keep copies on the pair of externals.

Need a USB hub now methinks, and more power bars(8 sockets really isnt enough).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Email today saying its shipped

EDIT/

Delivered today 15th by DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Delivered today, thanks again OP:)

Delivered.

Advertisement