Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs in quaranteen

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know if a dog be put in quaranteen if bringing him to england for a year from ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

*Quarantine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

No. There is no need for quarantine between the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

As Belongtojazz said, there is no quarantine between Ire and UK. Even the laws are being relaxed now between Ireland the EU countries now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

No quarantine between Irl and Uk for cats & dogs. Its great if you want to bring your dog to the UK on holiday and the English people go out of their way to facilitate you and your pet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

no quarantine, and as of Jan of 2012 the lift is being brought in on most other European countries :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

garkane wrote: »
    no quarantine, and as of Jan of 2012 the lift is being brought in on most other European countries :)
    Excellent. Any link on that Garkane?

i'll try get one, was talking to a friend and he told me about it. i'll ask him ;)

Here's a new list of the regulations just done a quick search ;)

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/changestoentryrequirementsfrom1january2012exceptfromtheuk/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

maringo wrote: »
    No quarantine between Irl and Uk for cats & dogs. Its great if you want to bring your dog to the UK on holiday and the English people go out of their way to facilitate you and your pet

Really? That's intersting. Have you been yourself? Where would you recommend and how did people try accommodate you? Like are there dog friendly food places etc?

(20 questions!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Whispered, the UK is far more dog friendly than us. My parents go regularly to the Lake District and dogs are really welcome there and even in the pubs etc and they leave out bowls of water for them everywhere, its very very, different than here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

We used to take our dogs to the pub every Tuesday night for the pub quiz, would get the train there - only one stop, surburban London line and then walk them home. The dogs would have a packet of crisps, the landlord would give us a bowl of water (there were 4 dogs usually) and as it was the same people that used to go there every week, they would call the dogs over to their tables and give them cuddles and more snacks. I think the dogs liked the evening better than we did.:D

No problem at all with the dogs on the trains, I have even taken dogs on the underground and I have taken a dog on a bus a few times over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Whispered wrote: »
    Really? That's intersting. Have you been yourself? Where would you recommend and how did people try accommodate you? Like are there dog friendly food places etc?

(20 questions!!!)

Whispered a lot of the coastal areas in the uk are especially good for taking you're dogs to as well. Most caravan and camping parks allow dogs and even have dog walks and fields where they can be let off the lead. We've visited some beautiful places with the dogs on the south coast where they put water outside cafes and pubs for the dogs.

Advertisement