Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Members for metal band (Dublin/North Kildare)

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm looking to start a techy metal band. I'm a guitarist based in Celbridge but can travel within reason. Already have a second guitarist signed up so none need apply. Main influences are After the Burial, Sikth, The Contortionist, Lamb of God, Fear Factory, The Haunted, Mastodon, Machine Head , Whitechapel etc. I don't have any recording equipment so I can't link some of my riffs but I want to basically mix fast, melodic riffs with screaming/growling vocals like ATB but less rythmically based. I'm looking for committed members who are willing to practise at least once a week. I'm 17 and the other guitarist is 19 so we're looking for people aged between 16-25.

Drummer : should be competent and have strong calves(for the bass drum,that sounded wrong) , preferably a Death Metal or a Math Metal drummer.

Vocalist: only really interested in a screamer/growler whose vocals can be interperated clearly like Whitechapel, Lambof God.

Bass player: should be able to keep up with fast riffs and a fast drummer. 4 string bass.

Pm me if you're interested and we'll get something organised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Forgot to mention we have previous gigging experience and have connections with a lot of Dublin and Kildare bands so getting gigs won't be a problem once we get everything sorted.

humpty bumpty sat on the wall

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thejigsaw

You should maybe take out the word "technical" because technical to me means bands like necrophagist, origin, obscura etc. And thats not what youre aiming for is it?

I changed it to techy because of the Sikth, After the Burial influences. By the way the bands you listed are technical death metal. I used technical as an umbrella term because I would also include bands such as Necrophagist as influences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Bass player: should be able to keep up with fast riffs and a fast drummer. 4 string bass.
    Why do you require a 4 string bass?

Fair point. But we use six string guitars. So they can use five stringers if they want but it would be easier with 4, that being said I've only played bass once or twice, so I'm no expert.

Up you go.

Where have all the metalheads gone?

Fair point. But we use six string guitars. So they can use five stringers if they want but it would be easier with 4, that being said I've only played bass once or twice, so I'm no expert.
    :confused: I don't understand what you mean by it being easier. Once the players are beyond the level of complete beginners so that they don't get fazed by not being able to follow each other's bottom string there shouldn't be any problem should there?

Mind you I'm biased as I'm firmly of the opinon that all guitars and basses should come equipped with low B strings :)

• Advertisement

Hey if I could afford one I'd buy a seven or eight string guitar. Don't know what the 7th string would be for drop c tuning on a 6 string though. Christ that was diabolically explained,:eek: hopefully you can follow though.

Add Protest The Hero to the influences. Their new album is damn good.

Hey if I could afford one I'd buy a seven or eight string guitar. Don't know what the 7th string would be for drop c tuning on a 6 string though. Christ that was diabolically explained,:eek: hopefully you can follow though.
    I think dropped C is just (low to high) C G C F A D so on a 7 string in normal tuning (B E A D G B E) you would just play power chords for example on the bottom string but a fret higher. For example a C power chord would look like this on a 6 string:
    [PHP]D |---
    A |---
    F |---
    C |-0-
    G |-0-
    C |-0-[/PHP]
    and this on a 7 string:
    [PHP]E |---
    B |---
    G |---
    D |---
    A |-3-
    E |-3-
    B |-1-[/PHP]

But if I wanted to , just for the craic.
    D |--
    A |--
    F |--
    C |--
    G |--
    C |--
    ? |--

? |--

But if I wanted to , just for the craic.
    D |--
    A |--
    F |--
    C |--
    G |--
    C |--
    ? |--

? |--
    :confused: Are you asking a question there?

Yeah what would the seventh string be in this tuning and if at all possible what would the eight string be?

God this is completely pointless I don't even own an extended range guitar.

Yeah what would the seventh string be in this tuning and if at all possible what would the eight string be?
    If you were looking to play in a dropped tuning on a 7 or 8 string guitar you wouldn't detune the third string. For a 7 string the bottom string would be tuned to A. It'd basically an octave below the third string, same as on a 6 string guitar.
    God this is completely pointless I don't even own an extended range guitar.
    Throw thick enough strings on a 6 string guitar and you can tune just as low ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stopmoclay

My names Lucas, I'm a singer from Kildare (Clane to be precise) but I can travel to surrounding areas. I'm looking for a band, I can sing many styles but would love to be in a Rock or Metal Core band. I can sing AND scream. My influences would be Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Three Days Grace, Hail The Villain, Atreyu, Trivium, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Hoobastank, Pantera and many others.

pm'd

Malice wrote: »
    If you were looking to play in a dropped tuning on a 7 or 8 string guitar you wouldn't detune the third string. For a 7 string the bottom string would be tuned to A. It'd basically an octave below the third string, same as on a 6 string guitar.

Throw thick enough strings on a 6 string guitar and you can tune just as low ;).

I understand but I'm happy with the drop c at the moment.The dudes from Two Tales of Woe use bass strings for their low strings because they use drop A tuning. Crazy stuff.

• Advertisement

still looking

Bump

bump

Anyone?

Now accepting versatile and non-generic singers. However the ability to scream is essential.

Bump, some day it will work!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Bump.

Bumper cars

Bumps are boring, This isn't,

• Advertisement

One last bump.

Advertisement