Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next sale 16/7/2011

Options
  • 11-07-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I see the next sale is on this Saturday the 16th. I have gone to the one in Maynooth a couple of times before and got some good deals but it is just for kids. I went to Liffey valley late one morning and it was a bit mad. What would the ones be like in town in terms of crowds and does anyone know if you can buy on line for the sale? I know you can in England but you couldnt in Ireland for the last sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

really hope its online cause i live nowhere near one

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Couldn't be any worse than their last one..

.. always seem to find the most in their post-Christmas sales to be honest.

And even at that, it's poor. I think the sale for men is generally quite poor.. women seem to find loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I came in here to see where the next sale was on.

I then realised it was in next. Dam!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

viztopia wrote: »
    I see the next sale is on this Saturday the 16th. I have gone to the one in Maynooth a couple of times before and got some good deals but it is just for kids. I went to Liffey valley late one morning and it was a bit mad. What would the ones be like in town in terms of crowds and does anyone know if you can buy on line for the sale? I know you can in England but you couldnt in Ireland for the last sale.
    Best advice i could give you is to go into your chosen branch on the evening before the sale. They will start the prepping before closing ( or at least they did last time - blanch SC). Have a root through to see if anything takes your fancy. Talk nice to a shop assistant; they can be helpful sometimes. Changing rooms are usually off limits on the day. Qs are mental from very early.............and the women are like a pack of rabid dogs - stay well out of their way :D

In general, their sales have gone way downhill IMO. i remenber 3 yrs ago picking up nice leather jackets plus a lot more. Nowadays, seems to be tat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hogzy wrote: »
    I came in here to see where the next sale was on.

I then realised it was in next. Dam!!!!

I'd be still scratching my head only for your post :D

I'm sure every lady on boards knew what it was right away though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

being of the larger persuasion i just go in a few days later and get the stuff that all the skinny boys pass over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd be still scratching my head only for your post :D

I'm sure every lady on boards knew what it was right away though :pac:

And some of us (well trained) men knew what it was as well. Nothing on the Next site about opening hours yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I know you cant buy sale online.

Most stores are open at 5am!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Most disappointed with their sales in the last 2 years. I usually go there for kids and women stuff, most items are soiled, and seem to come from previous collections that they weren't able to shift. I'll certainly have a look, but I'm not expecting too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

contacted head office and the online sales are in England only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aceform

Basq wrote: »
    Couldn't be any worse than their last one..

.. always seem to find the most in their post-Christmas sales to be honest.

And even at that, it's poor. I think the sale for men is generally quite poor.. women seem to find loads.

Women find loads in any sale or even when there is no sale :-)

viztopia wrote: »
    contacted head office and the online sales are in England only!

HO are wrong. Sale this sat. Grafton st open st 5am (100%). Blanch at 4am (99%) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dodzy wrote: »
    HO are wrong. Sale this sat. Grafton st open st 5am (100%). Blanch at 4am (99%) ;)
    Re-read..

.. online sales are in England only.

Basq wrote: »
    Re-read..

.. online sales are in England only.

My bad, cheers basq.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I used to go at 5am and get bags of stuff for the kids but the last few years weren't great. One year I went around 9 and saw them bringing new rails of stuff out so defeats the object of getting there early. It looks like a lot of things are shipped in purely for the sales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Boya

Unless your there when the door opens i think its a waste of time going in later as trolley loads go out the door oce it opens. Test of endurance going in at 5am...

Advertisement