Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog training classes

Options
  • 11-07-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a 4 month old Shih Tzu, she is generally very good but I would like to take her to an obedience class, more to teach me how to deal with her than particularly for her!

I was looking at Dog Training Ireland.

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/dog-training.php

Can anyone recommend them or any alternative places around Dublin (North county if poss)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

can anyone pin point this place on a google map? from the directions on their site I'm thinking it's somewhere near the truck centre at the cappagh road end of the industrial estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Dublin Dog Training in Swords are excellent, John does basic obedience classes and agility classes. I have 4 dogs doing agility with him.

www.Dublindogtraining.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eviemay

Dog Training Ireland, I'd totally recommend. Very good instructors/staff and excellent facilities. They have a facebook page you could look at and ask for help on directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

clown bag wrote: »
    can anyone pin point this place on a google map? from the directions on their site I'm thinking it's somewhere near the truck centre at the cappagh road end of the industrial estate?

Yep thats right - on goole maps see the buildings just to the left of the truck centre? - thats premier business park and DTI are facing the road and there's a big sign on the building so you can't miss it- the co-ords on google maps are 53.397609,-6.3373.

My dog has done classes there and also goes to daycare and I can't praise them enough. We've both learnt LOADS there - how to train him, what works best for him etc. People always tell me he's good and well behaved (yeah right I say :pac: lol) and it's down to the training methods we've learned from the guys at DTI. A few of his friends have joined daycare and their owners are full of praise too. I was accused of working for them on a thread here a few weeks ago because I'm always singing their praises.:pac::p

I would second Dublin Dog training .

But try a few different places. Normally the good places will let you go for a week and see how you get on without any commitment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

I would second Dublin Dog training .

But try a few different places. Normally the good places will let you go for a week and see how you get on without any commitment .

Could anyone recommend something similar on the south side of Dublin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Eviemay wrote: »
    Dog Training Ireland, I'd totally recommend. Very good instructors/staff and excellent facilities. They have a facebook page you could look at and ask for help on directions.

Agree with Eviemay, Dog Training Ireland are fantastic. Did the puppy training with our sprollie & the results were great. Mind you, you do have to put the work in at home. That will go for any classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup - DTI are just great.
    Totally would recommend them.

They are in the estate across the road from Stadium business park at the lights.

Why not give them a call and even see if you can pop in for a look around if you are nervous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I'm a dublin dog training fan myself. I do agility with my JRT, a lot of my class also do obedience and seem to really enjoy it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Undercover_

Hi all,

Thanks a million for the feedback! All booked for DTI.

I love the sound of their doggy daycare for the odd time too so will be good to see their facilities.

Looking forward to a perfectly behaved puppy ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement