Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Techniques - Your input please

Options
  • 11-07-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently studying with NUI Maynooth and am doing some work looking at the support given to students with regards to study skills.

I'm hoping you can give me some feedback on your experiences. In particular I'd be interested to hear -

1. How would you describe your study skills? ie your ability to organise your studies, motivate yourself, take notes, memory techniques, note taking techniques, prepare for exams.

2. Did you get any help to develop your study skills? If you did get help , what type of help was it ? Was it a course? research tips on the internet? Book? Informal help from friends, family teachers?

3. What support would you have liked to have got?

4. Have you heard of the technique of mind mapping? Have you used this technique? How useful have you found it with your studies?

I'm in the process of designing a questionnaire to capture replies but would appreciate any feedback you can give me on this thread or via pm. If you had time to answer any or all of the above questions I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
    user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

Advertisement