Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colour tie ?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭

I have a silver/grey suit and a black shirt to match but what colour tie should i go with , Black, Grey, Red or Blue ?
    OH its for a wedding

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭bath handle

I have a silver/grey suit and a black shirt to match but what colour tie should i go with , Black, Grey, Resd or Blue ?
    OH its for a wedding
    a white tie is the only thing that could possibly work. You will still look like a dogs dinner. The shirt should be white and the tie red.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Grey is neutral, you can wear whatever colour you want with it. Mixing grey and black is quite somber so (especially for a wedding) liven it up with a bright warm colour.

Is the suit or the shirt patterned? If either is then avoid a patterned tie. Unless you are very good at your matching styles, more then one pattern is too busy and at someones wedding (where thare are going to be a hundred cameras to capture your image forever) is not the best place to expirement or get adventorous.

Get a yellow/gold tie and pocket square to contrast the shirt or if you are feeling a bit more conservitave then a silver/grey/cream one to complement it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement